Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
Mojoman

Location: An alternate reality attained through a TDPG3000, (trans-dimensional portal generator)
Default Assassin's Creed...? share your thoughts...

I'm about to start a campaign for some friends that will be set in the middle east during the time of the Crusades. We all got the idea from playing the Assassin's Creed game. The PCs are a part of an elite secret organization called "Soldats di Silenzio" (Silent Soldiers). This is an alternate world where the church succeeds in conquering the holy land and crusader knights are actually noble and honorable (not like they really were in our timeline). Here's the question for you all:

What ideas do you have to share for specialized weapons, skills, missions, etc?

Let the creativity flow!

**edit - I forgot to mention... the PCs are actually soldiers for the church. Like secret service agents.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
Ragitsu
Banned

Default Re: Assassin's Creed...? share your thoughts...

First thing's first: either get rid of the required Missing Finger Disadvantage, or make it merely a Feature [0 points] that doesn't affect the character(s).
Ragitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
Bloodshadows

I've been thinking along the same lines since my girlfriend has been playing AC. I picked up the GURPS Action PDFs just for this, to see how they handled Parkour and Free-Running.

Of course, I'm running mine in modern day to go along with my Gotham City campaign, but having such a society that dates back to the Crusades is perfect.
Bloodshadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Mojoman

Location: An alternate reality attained through a TDPG3000, (trans-dimensional portal generator)

@Blood... Yeah, I'm not really concerned too much about the mechanics of the game. My group tends to go rules light on the action scenes with most of the die rolls reserved for combat or unusual social interactions. I would probably create a new skill called parkour for the campaign and the players would really only need to roll in stressful situations where failure could be a big problem.

I appreciate the mention of free running. I hadn't really thought too much about it, but that could be a really interesting element to put obstacles in the way of the PCs for them to solve.

@Rag... no missing finger disadvantage... I'm with you on this one.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:42 AM   #5
Gold & Appel Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojoman View Post
@Blood... Yeah, I'm not really concerned too much about the mechanics of the game. My group tends to go rules light on the action scenes with most of the die rolls reserved for combat or unusual social interactions. I would probably create a new skill called parkour for the campaign and the players would really only need to roll in stressful situations where failure could be a big problem.
If you want to gloss that stuff over by making it a single skill, but keep it RAW, you could call it a Bang! skill like Move! or Athlete! and let it cover all possible movement skills without being a massive discount.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #6
Sense of Duty (Kittens)

You'll need Shadowing and high per to do Altair like things. Also don't forget Weapon Master.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #7
Mojoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
If you want to gloss that stuff over by making it a single skill, but keep it RAW, you could call it a Bang! skill like Move! or Athlete! and let it cover all possible movement skills without being a massive discount.
Good idea... I hadn't thought of that. I was considering going the route of talents. You know like Talent (Assassin)... gives bonus to Knife, Stealth, Shadowing, Climbing, and Jumping. What do you think? Better to do a catch-all skill or talents or combine the two?
Old 12-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #8
Ragitsu
Banned

Striking ST with an Accessibility Limitation to daggers or short bladed weaponry in general.
Ragitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:54 AM   #9
D10

Location: In Rio de Janeiro, where it was cyberpunk before it was cool.

Make them become scapegoats for some pretty fubar situation the templars have put themselves into and start a bourne identity kind of campaign in the middle of it =)
D10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:23 AM   #10
Captain-Captain

Video game characters tend to have greater than gritty realistic abilities. I'd consider a marlial arts style based on Imbuments ala the example in the Imbuments book "The Way of the Flaming Fist". As I'm unfamiliar with the video game, I can't make suggestions for doing soecific character abilities.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote