Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-04-2018, 04:11 PM   #311
Phantasm

Default Re: [SUPERS] My Unofficial Handbook to the DC Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post

There aren't a lot of GURPS topics that won't produce a lot of questions if you go deep enough and people are paying attention. ;)
Wait until he reads the 100-post conversation in my Marvel Reboot thread about Daredevil's radar sense counteracting the blindness combat penalties. :)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:37 PM   #312
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Wait until he reads the 100-post conversation in my Marvel Reboot thread about Daredevil's radar sense counteracting the blindness combat penalties. :)
Indeed. ;)

Kidding aside, it is also important to remember that a thread like this? It is really dozens of threads in one. You could do a thread for just the general setting (and explaining the project), then another each character. Heh, if you could create them fast enough, it could be another weekly or biweekly thread series.

Instead, this thread and your own are just one massive thread to cover all the characters plus the setting. Divide by the number of topics to get a better idea of how prolific they actually are. ;)
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:41 PM   #313
Darkhol

Quote:
Ooo, I already did this
Darkhol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:05 PM   #314
Darkhol

Guys, how do you think, does the joker need daredevil advantage or no
Old 03-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #315
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhol View Post
Guys, how do you think, does the joker need daredevil advantage or no
I know it isn't what you probably want to hear, but it can go either way: it depends on which version of the Joker you want to replicate. For some depictions, Daredevil would be a must, but for others, it would be a waste of 15 CP because the Joker isn't actually reckless; instead, the Joker fakes a lot of his eccentricity (or at least has a lot more control over it than people think) because that is part of the joke! With the latter, he often ends up mirroring Batman by carefully planning just about everything down to the tiniest detail, including making the effort to appear that it is all off-the-cuff. Which means he acts very, very different when things fall apart.

If you do want a simple answer, though, then I say yes. Unless there is some rule where you'll lose Daredevil if you don't use it regularly - as opposed to just not getting the bonuses when you aren't being reckless - the Joker could easily be a nutter with Daredevil, a schemer with a flair for the dramatic, or both at once. Again, not unlike Batman, I think you can justify metagaming things quite a bit; I prefer giving Batman traits like Ridiculous Luck, Serendipity, and Super Luck (among many others) less because he's supposed to be all about the luck and more to represent his ridiculous level of skill and preparedness. So... Daredevil might fit the bill for both of them, as it takes the edge off of seemingly reckless behavior.

Yeah... guessing I wasn't much help. ^^'
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Old 03-06-2018, 03:48 PM   #316
Darkhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
I know it isn't what you probably want to hear, but it can go either way: it depends on which version of the Joker you want to replicate. For some depictions, Daredevil would be a must, but for others, it would be a waste of 15 CP because the Joker isn't actually reckless; instead, the Joker fakes a lot of his eccentricity (or at least has a lot more control over it than people think) because that is part of the joke! With the latter, he often ends up mirroring Batman by carefully planning just about everything down to the tiniest detail, including making the effort to appear that it is all off-the-cuff. Which means he acts very, very different when things fall apart.

If you do want a simple answer, though, then I say yes. Unless there is some rule where you'll lose Daredevil if you don't use it regularly - as opposed to just not getting the bonuses when you aren't being reckless - the Joker could easily be a nutter with Daredevil, a schemer with a flair for the dramatic, or both at once. Again, not unlike Batman, I think you can justify metagaming things quite a bit; I prefer giving Batman traits like Ridiculous Luck, Serendipity, and Super Luck (among many others) less because he's supposed to be all about the luck and more to represent his ridiculous level of skill and preparedness. So... Daredevil might fit the bill for both of them, as it takes the edge off of seemingly reckless behavior.

Yeah... guessing I wasn't much help. ^^'
I think that rules like " If you don't use it you lose it" are stupid, and know I remember one advantage that the joker absolutely must has, it's rapier wit!(P.S. Thanks for your thoughts)
Old 03-06-2018, 06:37 PM   #317
Otaku

Quote:
I think that rules like " If you don't use it you lose it" are stupid, and know I remember one advantage that the joker absolutely must has, it's rapier wit!(P.S. Thanks for your thoughts)
Yeah, in hindsight, even if someone was worried about a bunch of player's taking Daredevil but rarely using it, even in a high CP game that's 10 CP that could go elsewhere.

In fact, I am now wondering about the opposite extreme; should Daredevil just be given free to all PC's (and significant NPC's) because it seems like that it that common in comic books. I mean, a lot of good (and plenty of bad) stories get worse if people doing cool (but stupid) things actually fail or critically fail at them too often.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:46 PM   #318
aesir23

Quote:
What is gadget pool modular abs?
Quote:
The direction of my question is different, I want to know what it original cost for slot and points, like for standard mod abs or different, or what
It's a house rule developed by RevPeeKitty here.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:52 PM   #319
aesir23

Quote:
I'm looking to adapt this to a potential game set in a non-DC setting. I'm a bit concerned over the lack of other optional traits. This style wouldn't give additional Perks, Disads (particularly Vow: Never Take a Life, as I can see Bruce drilling that into his students), Advantages like Striking ST, or increased attributes/secondaries (like ST, DX, HT, HP, FP, or Basic Speed)?
Yes, all of that makes sense.

I've tended in the past not to spend too much mental energy on optional traits when designing styles. They're just suggestions after all.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:48 AM   #320
VonKatzen
Banned

I just want a highly accurate Silver Age Superman for GURPS, lol.
VonKatzen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, dc comics, phantasm, superman, supers, vonkatzen