Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 06-05-2019, 08:20 AM   #1
TippetsTX

Default Large and small-sized weapons

Spinning off from another thread, I'm wondering what others have done to adjust weapons for large (3-hex giants) and small (half-hex halflings) characters in their games.

TBH, Halflings are the ones who get the short shrift (pun intended) more frequently since their low ST makes it difficult to qualify for any decent weapons.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:51 AM   #2
JLV

Default Re: Large and small-sized weapons

There were some old Spacegamer articles on weapons for Halflings and Goblins and the like. I think they were from before Steve took over the Spacegamer, so he didn't have the copyright to add those to the Companion, but if you go to the Internet Archive, you can find copies of the old Spacegamers there and download them in PDF format so you'll have the articles. I don't recall anything on Giants, though. (I think back then we just assumed they used tree trunks as clubs!)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:05 PM   #3
RobW

Default Re: Large and small-sized weapons

We've never done anything, we even let ST11 hobbits -- not that there are many -- use longbows and spears.

"My my little fellow, aren't you a little SMALL to have a BIG SHARP STICK like that -- UUUUGGGGAAAHHHhhhhhfggggaaafffk....."
RobW is offline   Reply With Quote