Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-28-2016, 10:34 AM   #31
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Pyramid articles you want to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Yeah, I took SMarsh's remarks in the Pyramid DF collection as almost a plea for more monsters, which is akin. I think most folks want either a collection of things to fight or a collection of things into which to turn, so anything will have to be pitched as such.
Also, I suspect that a pitch would be better-received if it described a collection of things to fight and turn into, rather than one or the other.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:31 AM   #32
ScaredofScissors

Not that I expect anything, but I'd love to see a little Transhuman Space support in a Pyramid magazine next year. I liked an earlier poster's suggestion of memetic campaigns for elections, etc; it might also be fun to pick a thematic topic (memetics, bioroids, a political faction) and then spin out some ideas for characters, plots, and so on.
ScaredofScissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:02 PM   #33
DreadDomain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellspring View Post
I want to third this. KYS could use a few tweaks, but mostly I want more intregration into the GURPS rules so we can handle stuff like armor and other issues that were too big to be in-scope for the original article.

The only real change I'd like to see to the original is making sure that the scale factor is an easy number (and if possible matches to an existing GURPS scale factor). IMO this is the future for GURPS's core rules, and so maybe developing the rules more and more via pyramid articles is a way to keep it manageable.
Let me fourth an expanded article on KYOS.
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:04 PM   #34
shadowjack

An article on long-term stress, going in the opposite direction from the Last Gasp. I though of this after watching the new Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy adaptation, and seeing the recent thread about fatigue for social interactions. The long-term fatigue rules from After the End might be a start. This could be very useful as a pacing mechanism for political games, espionage, hospital dramas, gritty war stories, etc.; build up enough mental fatigue and you start blowing self-control rolls and suffering skill penalties, until you take some time off to de-stress.
shadowjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 01:26 AM   #35
Tomsdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowjack View Post
An article on long-term stress, going in the opposite direction from the Last Gasp. I though of this after watching the new Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy adaptation, and seeing the recent thread about fatigue for social interactions. The long-term fatigue rules from After the End might be a start. This could be very useful as a pacing mechanism for political games, espionage, hospital dramas, gritty war stories, etc.; build up enough mental fatigue and you start blowing self-control rolls and suffering skill penalties, until you take some time off to de-stress.

Yep nice idea, could include combat fatigue and PTSD as well
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:36 AM   #36
nondescript handle

Quote:
Know Your Strength 2.0
A follow-up article to KYS, which takes into account the feedback and issues of the original KYS and makes adjustments for it.
+1

Quote:
Alternate Spaceships: Buggies and Motorcycles
A further expansion of the Spaceships articles, focusing on further scaling down vehicles, especially on motorcycles, small buggies, motorized kicks scooters etc.
+1 (I especially want grav and hover bikes)

Quote:
Weapon design = designing melee weapons from scratch (picking hilt design, blade length, pommel, etc.).
+1, battlesuit design system +1, TL9 slugthrower design system +10, but really almost any gear design system

- I really, really like articles about one dis/advantage (e.g. Blessed Be, Cursed Thou Art, Lord of Your Own Domain, Possessions Under Control)

- infomorph PCs, especially sessile ones (e.g. ship minds) and a more detailed system for teleoperated drones, how to deal with widespread Duplication, Extra Life, ETS, and Compartmentalized Mind, a Spaceships-to-Advantages system

- how to play infomorphs after the singularity

- support for Cabal, Technomancer, Hellsgate, Worminghall and Banestorm

- support for Psionics and Sorcery

- a random weather generator for every Survival-specialization and planetary climate

- wet ship travel & combat

- random city generator for City Stats

- rules and support for 'establishing a culture/society/polity with a lot of higher-TL knowledge but no or little infrastructure or gear'

- random pantheon generator
nondescript handle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:17 AM   #37
Tomsdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nondescript handle View Post
- wet ship travel & combat

+1 that would be great especially if they added in submarine stuff (which actually may already be in the underwater issue thinking about it)
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 10:32 AM   #38
Fossilized Rappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nondescript handle View Post
- I really, really like articles about one dis/advantage (e.g. Blessed Be, Cursed Thou Art, Lord of Your Own Domain, Possessions Under Control)
These are really good, and I can't believe I didn't think about them when puzzling out what Pyramid articles I would want to see most! I'd love to see some more of these on some of the advantages Ghostdancer has touched on at his blog (Healing, Illusion, Leech, etc.) get expanded into full articles as well.
Fossilized Rappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:26 AM   #39
benz72

A collection of descriptions of real world places and phenomena that inspire mysticism

e.g. Catatumbo lightning, Auroras, St. Elmo's Fire &c.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:15 AM   #40
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
A collection of descriptions of real world places and phenomena that inspire mysticism

e.g. Catatumbo lightning, Auroras, St. Elmo's Fire &c.
You could get the entire 3e pdf of Places of Mystery for the price of a Pyramid.

Tags
pyramid, wishlist