Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #61
Techpriest Vesper

Default Re: Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchsknight View Post
I see a looking for players but no players looking for a game.

I am looking to join in a play by post game.

I have been playing in a starwars (Meet IRL) and a Dungeon Fantasy (PBP) I would love to find a game here to join in.

Are there any available?
Hey me to!! I have been looking over the PBP here and wondering... I have played a few other before but never here. I have been tenatively thinking about a DFA game, but I would prefer to start as a player to get a few of things here first.
Techpriest Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #62
DarkForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techpriest Vesper View Post
Hey me to!! I have been looking over the PBP here and wondering... I have played a few other before but never here. I have been tenatively thinking about a DFA game, but I would prefer to start as a player to get a few of things here first.
Actually I just found a game book that looks epic. "The Power of Myth" Game book looks great and then mix it with Dungeoun fantasy and set it to a fantasy world. Maybe change some names... I think it could be great.

Last edited by DarkForce; 05-31-2012 at 12:57 PM.
DarkForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #63
Techpriest Vesper

Quote:
Actually I just found a game book that looks epic. "The Power of Myth" Game book looks great and then mix it with Dungeoun fantasy and set it to a fantasy world. Maybe change some names... I think it could be great.
Hmm never heard of it... who puts it out?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #64
Flyndaran
Untagged

I would also like to join a PBP game of gurps anything. I can't afford to buy any other books at the moment.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #65
DarkForce

I will start it up. I will be looking for 2-4 players.

The Legend of THE GOLDEN GENIZA OF EZKALI

"A valuable treasure awaits adventurers. An ancient legend is
their guide. The problem? It may look like a standard dungeon
crawl with puzzles and a list of clues to work from, but the
adventurers can’t agree on what clues they’re being given. How
is that going to work?"

This is a be a fantasy based adventure with about 50/50 role playing and combat. There will be something for everyone.

This will be set in a fantasy world, 250 point characters, and 40 point disadvantages. TL 4 with standard starting wealth, don't go to crazy with extra wealth as there will be a patron( but no one will need to have a advan/disadvan for it.

Races will be:

Human
Elf(High or Wood)
Dwarf
Gnome
halfling
Any other races will need to be with GM approval.

Classes are limited to templates in DF Adventurers.
Magic will be Thaumtaology based with Threshold at 50 and recovery rate at 15 a day. Advantages and such can change this.
All gear needs to come from DF or Low tech(not Fantasy)

Any other questions, PM me with them and with other interests.
Rolls will be handled by the player and through Invisiable Castle, and all players must post the link to the roll in the post they make the roll in.

Last edited by DarkForce; 05-31-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #66
Techpriest Vesper

Quote:
I will start it up. I will be looking for 2-4 players.

The Legend of THE GOLDEN GENIZA OF EZKALI

"A valuable treasure awaits adventurers. An ancient legend is
their guide. The problem? It may look like a standard dungeon
crawl with puzzles and a list of clues to work from, but the
adventurers can’t agree on what clues they’re being given. How
is that going to work?"

This is a be a fantasy based adventure with about 50/50 role playing and combat. There will be something for everyone.

This will be set in a fantasy world, 250 point characters, and 40 point disadvantages. TL 4 with standard starting wealth, don't go to crazy with extra wealth as there will be a patron( but no one will need to have a advan/disadvan for it.

Races will be:

Human
Elf(High or Wood)
Dwarf
Gnome
halfling
Any other races will need to be with GM approval.

Classes are limited to templates in DF Adventurers.
Magic will be Thaumtaology based with Threshold at 50 and recovery rate at 15 a day. Advantages and such can change this.
All gear needs to come from DF or Low tech(not Fantasy)

Any other questions, PM me with them and with other interests.
Rolls will be handled by the player and through Invisiable Castle, and all players must post the link to the roll in the post they make the roll in.
I soooo there... I am thinking about either a Human or Wood Elf Scout or maybe a Human Wizard. I will PM you him tonight when I get home from work
Old 05-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #67
DarkForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techpriest Vesper View Post
I soooo there... I am thinking about either a Human or Wood Elf Scout or maybe a Human Wizard. I will PM you him tonight when I get home from work
I will make an occ tonight, with in depth character creation stuff, world back ground, and some other tidbits about the game. This will be my first gm so I am going to try and make it fun.

Also if we can keep it clean(not meaning sexual or cursing but neat and tidy) I think I can do more then 4 people, might even be fun to do so!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #68
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I am looking to start a Space campaign. The basic premise is that mankind has just barely figured out a FTL drive, and the characters will be on the first ship to explore other star systems. This campaign should be able to handle any sane number of players, and each player will have the option of playing both a high ranking character and a separate "front line character". The players will affect the course of the world by the decisions they make when they meet other civilizations.

The campaign should have the following:
  • Moderate TL9/10. Somewhat safetech: cybernetics and genetic manipulation are a big deal, and nanotech requires sensitive conditions. There is no AI, and hooking your brain to electronics is beyond a career choice.
  • Aliens are promised! These will be quite alien, and will require both diplomacy and combat.
  • No psionics, nor magic other than a FTL warp drive. sorry.
  • Lots of time in space. Teams will only rarely land on planets, though astroid and comet landings may be common
  • Lots of Space Junk: this version of space is full of stuff we can't see. There will be a lot of that.

While I own UltraTech and BioTech, these are not primary sources for the campaign, and not necessary (We'll be using tech with finer detail in one spot). Space is nice, and some characters ought to have spaceships, but all that is really needed is The basic set.

Players can be any Character that would be found on the ship. The following are suggestions and character that will exist, PC or not:

Ship's Captain (jurisdiction over the ship itself)
Chief Navigator
Military Chief (they have one, fluff him as you will)
Outpost director (leads those who will be establishing a post at alpha centari)
Chief of Mining (associated with the outpost)
Head of Engineering
Resident Full Cyborg (essentially no body, can use drones to "act" and can quickly acquire temporary skills. Only a few on board).

if you want to be someone else, thats good too.

Those wishing to join should send me a PM. Also, if there is an aspect of the campaign that is keeping you from joining, let me know.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #69
DarkForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I am looking to start a Space campaign. The basic premise is that mankind has just barely figured out a FTL drive, and the characters will be on the first ship to explore other star systems. This campaign should be able to handle any sane number of players, and each player will have the option of playing both a high ranking character and a separate "front line character". The players will affect the course of the world by the decisions they make when they meet other civilizations.

The campaign should have the following:
  • Moderate TL9/10. Somewhat safetech: cybernetics and genetic manipulation are a big deal, and nanotech requires sensitive conditions. There is no AI, and hooking your brain to electronics is beyond a career choice.
  • Aliens are promised! These will be quite alien, and will require both diplomacy and combat.
  • No psionics, nor magic other than a FTL warp drive. sorry.
  • Lots of time in space. Teams will only rarely land on planets, though astroid and comet landings may be common
  • Lots of Space Junk: this version of space is full of stuff we can't see. There will be a lot of that.

While I own UltraTech and BioTech, these are not primary sources for the campaign, and not necessary (We'll be using tech with finer detail in one spot). Space is nice, and some characters ought to have spaceships, but all that is really needed is The basic set.

Players can be any Character that would be found on the ship. The following are suggestions and character that will exist, PC or not:

Ship's Captain (jurisdiction over the ship itself)
Chief Navigator
Military Chief (they have one, fluff him as you will)
Outpost director (leads those who will be establishing a post at alpha centari)
Chief of Mining (associated with the outpost)
Head of Engineering
Resident Full Cyborg (essentially no body, can use drones to "act" and can quickly acquire temporary skills. Only a few on board).

if you want to be someone else, thats good too.

Those wishing to join should send me a PM. Also, if there is an aspect of the campaign that is keeping you from joining, let me know.
Count me in. I sent you a PM!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #70
8th Orbital Army

Also interested. Sent you a PM.
8th Orbital Army is offline   Reply With Quote