Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-05-2017, 11:26 PM   #891
Mailanka

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Hey there, GURPS Fans. If you've been following Psi-Wars, then you've probably been waiting for this: Today I have the introduction to the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant, a philosophy inspired by the Sith (among others!).

You can start with the intro here

And if you can't wait to see the rest, a preview is available for all $3+ patrons, which you can check out here
Old 12-06-2017, 11:05 PM   #892
Mailanka

Happy GURPS Day! On my blog, I've got part 2 of the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant, a Sith-like philosophy for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera Setting. This covers the cultural context and history of the Cult.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:04 AM   #893
Mailanka

Blog update today. Today, I have the beliefs and metaphysics of the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant, a nihilistic and cynical philosophy for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera setting.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:57 AM   #894
Mailanka

Happy GURPS Day! I've got another update, continuing my look at the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant, a psionic philosophy for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera setting. Today, I look at the symbolism and rituals of that ancient and illustrious cabal.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:42 AM   #895
Mailanka

A blog update today. I continue my series on the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant, a philosophy/religion for Psi-Wars, a GURPS Space Opera setting. Today, I look into "the Cult and Conspiracy," which dives into the structure of the Cult as an organization, including the conspiratorial catspaws they use to hide the true nature and agenda of their organization.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:26 AM   #896
Mailanka

Happy GURPS Day! Today, I present Mystic Tyranny, an esoteric philosophy "martial art" for the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant, a philosphy for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera setting.

This philosophical style is inspired by the Sith of Star Wars (among others), and features Dark Communion and new tricks like Aesthetic Appreciation, Aesthetics of Power, Dark Investiture, Futility of Language and Inner Journey.
Old 12-26-2017, 05:56 AM   #897
Mailanka

Merry Christmas! I'm on holiday, but I've scheduled some material to drop, and today, I have the first of three schisms of the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant (a philosophy/religion for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera setting): The Cult of Anthara. This is the Ranathim (that is, an alien) king that started it all with his literal Cult of a Mystical Tyrant (that is, himself). This version of the Cult dovetails with the Divine Masks system and looks very similar to it, and it served as the "Imperial Cult" for an Empire for a thousand years long before humanity ever graced the stars.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:36 AM   #898
Mailanka

Hey guys, Happy New Year! I've posted my own Psi-Wars retrospective, with a preview of what's to come next year.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:56 AM   #899
Mailanka

Today, I continue my look at the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant, a dark philosophy for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera setting. Today, I have the next Schism of the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant, which looks at the successor to the failure of the Ranathim Empire, the sinister and secretive Cult of Satra Temos, which endeavored to rule in secret.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:56 AM   #900
Mailanka

Hello GURPS Fans! Today, I have not one but two Patreon Specials. For my $3+ patrons, I have the completed version of the Cult of the Mystical Tyrant available as a preview. For everyone, I have "the Emperor thus far," a summary of the first set of polls for the Emperor, in preparation for the next set of polls coming this Friday.

Check it out and enjoy!

Tags
blog, blogs, determined attack, telegraphic attack