Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-04-2017, 03:44 PM   #171
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: New and Custom Quirks?

Chewing ice isn't good for the enamel, and it's not that hard to ingest harmful quantities of salt if you eat it like that. Though as any negative effects aren't likely to occur within a couple months, they're for the most part ignorable in Gurps.
I agree with Quirk Pica.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:25 AM   #172
WaterAndWindSpirit

Survivalist's gear choice: The world had ended in nuclear fire/meteors/whatever caused the setting to become an After The End place, and you pick your gear according to whether you can carry it, maintain it and repair it easily. If exceptional circumstances require a tool outside your preference (say facing an armored vehicle you will take a anti-tank weapon) you will make exceptions, but in normal circumstances you'd rather go with the reliable, easy to maintain, easy to fix AK-47 with plentiful ammo you can find everywhere rather than the fancy laser rifle, with hard to find parts and hard to scavenge energy cells.

In short, in normal circumstances you'd rather go with the Boring But Practical weapons and equipment, though you make exceptions when they would not do the job.
WaterAndWindSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:15 AM   #173
WaterAndWindSpirit

Eats cold: You let food cool down to room temperature before eating it. Usually by doing something else while it cools down.

I do that too.
WaterAndWindSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #174
Phantasm

Breakfast Cereals Are Munch Foods - Instead of eating bowls of breakfast cereals soaked in milk and only for breakfast, you'll munch on handfuls from the bag/box at any time like most do bags of chips. May be accompanied by a Habit: Always Eats Cereal Dry quirk.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:20 PM   #175
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Breakfast Cereals Are Munch Foods - Instead of eating bowls of breakfast cereals soaked in milk and only for breakfast, you'll munch on handfuls from the bag/box at any time like most do bags of chips.
I admit I do this with Mueslix.

But then it's basically trail mix that you can eat for breakfast.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:44 PM   #176
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Breakfast Cereals Are Munch Foods - Instead of eating bowls of breakfast cereals soaked in milk and only for breakfast, you'll munch on handfuls from the bag/box at any time like most do bags of chips. May be accompanied by a Habit: Always Eats Cereal Dry quirk.
And...how's that worth a point? A Quirk with a capital Q is not merely "something you do that only a minority of people do". It's something that can cause you a bit of trouble.

Now here are some dietary quirks:

Won't eat different foods that have not been kept separate from each other

Allergic to nuts

Chews with their mouth open (Reaction penalty)

Can't eat quickly

Last edited by David Johnston2; 05-03-2018 at 05:15 PM.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:51 PM   #177
Flyndaran
Untagged

Dietary Quirks:
Hates dairy (I despise milk but not all dairy. I imagine this could cause some problems in certain societies.)

Hates red meat, even the odor, but isn't a vegetarian (I know someone like this.)

OPH: loves drinking liquid fat (I adore chicken fat and have grossed out people eating.)
Old 05-03-2018, 05:20 PM   #178
tanksoldier

Quote:
And...how's that worth a point? .
When quirks started out they were just interesting aspects of the character... they didn’t have to be disadvantageous and could have even been occasionally slightly advantageous and STILL worth a point.

If the player can occasionally bring it into the game, mentioning they are buying Fruit Loops when the party stops at Walmart for duct tape and trash bags for example, why not?
tanksoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:27 PM   #179
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
And...how's that worth a point? A Quirk with a capital Q is not merely "something you do that only a minority of people do". It's something that can cause you a bit of trouble.
Well, there was one time when laying out snacks for the gaming group I had bowls of potato chips, dip, pretzels, Chex mix, and Coco Puffs. o/` Got some odd "what is this?" looks from those not used to my personal quirks.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 05-04-2018 at 03:57 AM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:45 PM   #180
Culture20

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
Allergic to nuts
I’m guessing this is a mild allergy causing numbness of mouth or flatulence, not the potentially deadly allergy we often hear about. Especially since for modern settings nuts are everywhere.
Culture20 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
quirks