Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-21-2012, 05:52 AM   #251
Ed the Coastie

Default Re: Latter-Day Saints in Yrth

Depends on the gaming group, I reckon. Judging from what I have seen posted here in the forums, most of our fellow forumites appear to belong to groups that would either embrace it or at least find it somewhat amusing. Me...not so much.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #252
combatmedic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed the Coastie View Post
Depends on the gaming group, I reckon. Judging from what I have seen posted here in the forums, most of our fellow forumites appear to belong to groups that would either embrace it or at least find it somewhat amusing. Me...not so much.
It's quite silly, but I don't actually find it funny. Not offensive--just not funny.
combatmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #253
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
Which leads me to wonder why no one ever wrote a fantasy novel about the tragedy of a good man (with many gifts) coming to the throne of an Empire and finding that the society is so corrupt that he can't make anyone's life better or even amelorate any problems. It would be a logical and interesting book to write.
That's essentially Gene Wolfe's BOOK OF THE NEW SUN; a boy raised to serve the despotic Byzantine autarchy is exiled for the crime of mercy. After many adventures and self-discoveries, he becomes pope-king of the world to discover that the only "progress" possible is to slow the inevitable descent into barbarism and chaos.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #254
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatmedic View Post
It's quite silly, but I don't actually find it funny. Not offensive--just not funny.
Ouch, the worst thing that can be said of a comedian. Also the same thing my grandmother said after watching his special with me.
I think that that qualifies you as an official fuddy duddy. lol

Some of his stuff mildly offends even me, but I think that getting offended occasionaly is good for the "soul".

Tags
banestorm