Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 06-19-2013, 06:12 AM   #1
ReiNijs

Default Magic Lamp or Charm + Out to Lunch possible?

Hi again,

I have another question that I would love to have clarified.

Let's say I am fighting a monster that gives 5 treasures and I decide to add extra enhancers to add even more treasures and then use Magic Lamp or Charm on it to gain all the loot. I know that is fair and unless another monster joins the fight, I will get all the initial treasures + the extras.

Can someone play Out to Lunch in the end so I only get 2 treasures instead of some 6+ ? Or Out to Lunch can't be played on a Charmed / Magic Lamped monster as that creature is considered to already be gone?

I assume that Out to Lunch can't be played anymore, but I rather check with the wise folk of this forum.

THANK YOU!
ReiNijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
tremorlaine

Default Re: Magic Lamp or Charm + Out to Lunch possible?

You would be correct. Since Out to Lunch targets a Monster there needs to be one in combat for it to be played. The moment you Charmed or played a Monster defeater like Magic Lamp the Monster is no longer available to play cards on.

Future site of Griffon Gaming
tremorlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
ReiNijs

Another thing if I may. I am currently looking through the forum to find if it's here - but maybe someone can answer faster than I can read it all :D

Does the charmed monster instantly discards and thus are available for Mask of Acheron to be used to bring it back in the same fight? If there is another monster in the fight left or even if there isn't.

I would assume that the charmed etc discarded cards in a single combat are in a temporary ''limbo'' where they cannot be accessed with abilities that let you use discarded cards. But Id appreciate an experienced answer. My head is so full of Munchkin rules atm, I might be over-burned.
ReiNijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
tremorlaine

Unless a card says to discard a card, all cards in combat or played during combat do not get discarded until the end of the combat. At that point the owner of the combat determines in which order the cards get discarded.

Future site of Griffon Gaming
tremorlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
Sabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremorlaine View Post
At that point the owner of the combat determines in which order the cards get discarded.
I was under the impression that the person whose turn it is will decide the order of discards? For example, Player A draws a monster, Player B uses Transferal Potion, an at the end of that combat, Player A would still choose the order of the discards?
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
I was under the impression that the person whose turn it is will decide the order of discards? For example, Player A draws a monster, Player B uses Transferal Potion, an at the end of that combat, Player A would still choose the order of the discards?
Yes, the player whose turn it is discards the cards. Since that is also the "combat owner" more than 99.9% of the time, it's fairly easy to forget that small percentage of time where it's not.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote