Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #151
Edges

Default Re: Resistance to Sex Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
Well, it wouldn't take an entire book to explain reaction rolls and Influence rolls, either. A lot of the book is about mechanics for using other rolls to better the odds. There's also an entirely new mechanic for rolls that represent seeking long-term trust. And there's material specifically on dealing with complex organizations in various ways— the sort that might need to be circumvented to get access to something big.

We probably didn't cover everything. But it's as comprehensive as the playtesters and I could make it.

Bill Stoddard
It sounds great. I eagerly await.
Edges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #152
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edges View Post
I think we agree with each other. My point is that if you want to be immune to Sex Appeal, you buy the advantage not the disadvantage.
Nobody said Vow:Chastity makes you immune to Sex Appeal. It makes you immune to Sex Appeal rolls to get you to have Sex. All other uses of Sex Appeal work just fine, and may at times get bonuses (eg the flustered married man being flirted with by someone who reminds him of his wife).
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #153
Edges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Nobody said Vow:Chastity makes you immune to Sex Appeal. It makes you immune to Sex Appeal rolls to get you to have Sex. All other uses of Sex Appeal work just fine, and may at times get bonuses (eg the flustered married man being flirted with by someone who reminds him of his wife).
It was post 109 that I was referring to in which it was said that people with Vow: Chastity need not bother rolling vs Sex Appeal. That post was in response to post 91 in which it was clear that their discussion was not limited to Sex Appeal rolls to get you to have Sex. So actually somebody did suggest that Vow:Chastity makes you immune to Sex Appeal. It was that suggestion that I was responding to. And all I was saying was, "Not in my games. I do it like this."
Edges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:55 PM   #154
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edges View Post
It was post 109 that I was referring to in which it was said that people with Vow: Chastity need not bother rolling vs Sex Appeal. That post was in response to post 91 in which it was clear that their discussion was not limited to Sex Appeal rolls to get you to have Sex. So actually somebody did suggest that Vow:Chastity makes you immune to Sex Appeal. It was that suggestion that I was responding to. And all I was saying was, "Not in my games. I do it like this."
I see where the confusion comes from. I had started out looking at "can you engage in Sex Appeal vs. someone not interested in your sex," for which the RaW answer is "no." But I looked at the SE passage that discussed getting someone to have sex with you, which is as you say a different question. That was the passage where the issue of Vow: Chastity came up. I had no actual intent to suggest that you can't use Sex Appeal to get a favor from a faithfully married man or woman.

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
heterosexuality, homosexuality, kromm explanation, new skill, sex appeal, social engineering