Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-21-2017, 08:41 PM   #1
JackShadow

Default Further Adventures?

I've loved GURPS since 1e, but as I've gotten older and my game time has gotten more precious, I've definitely fallen for the lure of the Easy to Pickup and Run games like D&D and Pathfinder. So I got very excited to maybe be able to get back to using GURPS.

But as much as the streamlined rules are awesome, the truly important part of the ease of playing D&D or PF is the adventure selection. I'm glad that we have 2 starter adventures to get us started, but I'm already looking down the road to what will follow. I just do not have the time to make my own adventures anymore. Is SJGames looking at publishing more DF adventures? Either in Pyramid or as standalone products? Are there any 3rd party ones in the works? The completely generic Town Setting of DF is perfect for modular, drop in adventures that have previously never really sold for SJG.

Because if there are not options like that available, DF will just not be able to stay as our go-to game.

Here's hoping adventure support is coming. :)
JackShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:33 PM   #2
D10

Location: In Rio de Janeiro, where it was cyberpunk before it was cool.
Default Re: Further Adventures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackShadow View Post
I've loved GURPS since 1e, but as I've gotten older and my game time has gotten more precious, I've definitely fallen for the lure of the Easy to Pickup and Run games like D&D and Pathfinder. So I got very excited to maybe be able to get back to using GURPS.

But as much as the streamlined rules are awesome, the truly important part of the ease of playing D&D or PF is the adventure selection. I'm glad that we have 2 starter adventures to get us started, but I'm already looking down the road to what will follow. I just do not have the time to make my own adventures anymore. Is SJGames looking at publishing more DF adventures? Either in Pyramid or as standalone products? Are there any 3rd party ones in the works? The completely generic Town Setting of DF is perfect for modular, drop in adventures that have previously never really sold for SJG.

Because if there are not options like that available, DF will just not be able to stay as our go-to game.

Here's hoping adventure support is coming. :)
Do you mean whole adventures? Because theres plenty of seeds in the pyramid series.
D10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:48 PM   #3
JackShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by D10 View Post
Do you mean whole adventures? Because theres plenty of seeds in the pyramid series.
Yep, whole adventures like the ones that come in the box. Paizo's Adventure Paths were pretty much the main reason we started playing Pathfinder. Being able to pick up an adventure and just play is crucial to my gameplay now, unfortuantely. I'm not expecting SJG to do anything as elaborate as the Adventure Paths, but a series of drop-in adventures would be very nice.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:32 AM   #4
PK

There are currently two adventures for the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy line that would work well with the Dungeon Fantasy RPG:

http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...the-fire-demon

A long, in-depth adventure with lots of interesting NPCs and monsters.

http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...goda-of-worlds

A slightly shorter, "drop-in" adventures. However, note that you'll either need one additional monster book to cover the beasts that aren't in the DF RPG, or you can just swap out their entries on the wandering monster table for critters from the box set.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:47 AM   #5
BrianEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
There are currently two adventures for the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy line that would work well with the Dungeon Fantasy RPG:

A slightly shorter, "drop-in" adventures. However, note that you'll either need one additional monster book to cover the beasts that aren't in the DF RPG, or you can just swap out their entries on the wandering monster table for critters from the box set.
Very helpful - I was just looking at both of those adventures last night and wondering if they'd be good fits to my new DF box. :) Happy to try another Monster book too ... the one from DF is quite nice, but of course I want more.
BrianEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:01 AM   #6
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianEye View Post
Very helpful - I was just looking at both of those adventures last night and wondering if they'd be good fits to my new DF box. :) Happy to try another Monster book too ... the one from DF is quite nice, but of course I want more.
Most of the critters from GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 1 and 2 ended up in the box set, but #3 is all new material. (Unless I missed one of them sneaking in at the last minute.)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:33 AM   #7
Ulairi

I've found it pretty easy to convert 1E adventures to DFRPG. I know that isn't as easy as "pick up and play" but for a little effort it does work out pretty well.
Ulairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:56 AM   #8
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackShadow View Post
Is SJGames looking at publishing more DF adventures?
It looks like this question hasn't been answered, but I'm putting my money on a combination of "it depends on sales" and the partly related "it depends on potential author interest." The former makes it more likely that SJ Games will be willing to green-light further projects, and is more likely to attract the latter.

[Insert commercial message here about buying existing adventures and Pyramid issues containing adventures.]

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:45 AM   #9
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post

It looks like this question hasn't been answered, but I'm putting my money on a combination of "it depends on sales" and the partly related "it depends on potential author interest."
Mostly the former. If the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game and the Dungeon Fantasy GM Screen sell well in distribution, and if the Dungeon Fantasy Companion does well in POD, we'll be looking at supporting the game with general releases of further materials. If there's little interest save from Kickstarter backers, we'll have to take a long look at if and how we can support the game, which isn't the same as "we won't" – "with more Kickstarters" is an entirely valid option.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:19 PM   #10
JackShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post

I already had the Fire Demon Adventure but I just went and picked up the Pagoda of Worlds. After a quick skim they both look perfect for what I'd need. Easy to use "you hear about this quest in Town" adventures. The more of these that are available the better. :)

Thanks for the heads up.