Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Old 05-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
Tuk the Weekah

Default re: Card Error

Jeez louise. Nearly every second time I try to purchase something through the e23 shop, I get:

"Error

We're sorry, but the transaction failed. Please contact orders@warehouse23.com for assistance.

Card not approved.
Failed to approve card: The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder. - error 27"

As I say, every *second* time. 50% of the time the auto-filled data is accepted, and 50% of the time it is not. Anybody have any tips on what I need to be looking for to make certain that I don't get this error message?
Tuk the Weekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
RevBob

Default Re: Card Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuk the Weekah View Post
Failed to approve card: The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder. - error 27"

As I say, every *second* time. 50% of the time the auto-filled data is accepted, and 50% of the time it is not. Anybody have any tips on what I need to be looking for to make certain that I don't get this error message?
I've found that the most reliable thing to do is enter your address exactly as it appears on your credit card statement. Use the same abbreviations, specify the ZIP+4 if present (and not if it isn't)...put it in exactly as your statement says.

Speaking of "auto-filled data" - if your browser is entering this information for you, it may be storing multiple versions of it. If one of the versions is wrong, you can usually use your down-arrow to select the mistaken version and the Delete key to remove it from your browser's stored settings. That way, you don't have to keep remembering not to use that one.

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
Tuk the Weekah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevBob View Post
I've found that the most reliable thing to do is enter your address exactly as it appears on your credit card statement. Use the same abbreviations, specify the ZIP+4 if present (and not if it isn't)...put it in exactly as your statement says.

Speaking of "auto-filled data" - if your browser is entering this information for you, it may be storing multiple versions of it. If one of the versions is wrong, you can usually use your down-arrow to select the mistaken version and the Delete key to remove it from your browser's stored settings. That way, you don't have to keep remembering not to use that one.
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on that for next time.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
Þorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

Quote:
Doesn't work for me. All those letters (íóáöæ etc.) aren't helpful. Though my problem is with W23.

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Þorkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
I don't obsess over entering my street address exactly as it appears on my Visa(/Dankort) card. There are several ways to enter it, minor details (e.g. do I live in Copenhagen, in Copenhagen S, or in Koebenhavn S?), but I've found that even international web shops accept it easily. I get my stuff, and the shop gets paid.

Of course, if they didn't accept it, then the obvious thing to do would be to start obsessing about it, and trying the various possible methods of entering it, and remembering it once I manage to find the particular method that works.

But really, such systems seem fairly tolerant to me.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #6
Tuk the Weekah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuk the Weekah View Post
Jeez louise. Nearly every second time I try to purchase something through the e23 shop, I get:

"Error

We're sorry, but the transaction failed. Please contact orders@warehouse23.com for assistance.

Card not approved.

Credit where Credit is Due Department:

Darryll from SJ Games got back to me in a timely manner, and he gave me some pointers on what to look for if I'm having this kind of trouble with the AVS system. I re-ran the order today, following his pointers, and the order went through without problems.

Thanks Darryll!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
JimMarn

Not trying to be a thread necro, but this just happened to me. This is the only web site i have had a problem with, ever, in ordering online. I did email the sales email address, but the error message looks more like a sql error than a refusal on the card.
JimMarn is offline   Reply With Quote