Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 03-31-2021, 11:37 AM   #11
L.J.Steele

Default Re: GMing help, clever uses of psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Certainly. But psi is in the game, so it behooves the no doubt egotistical psi-wielding Homo superior members of Team Bad Guys to come up with schemes that show off or depend upon their gifts :) If all the scenes and puzzles are mundane, then it might as well be a mundane super-spy game.
Ideally yes, showing off the psi aspects would add to the playtest flavor.
L.J.Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 01:25 PM   #12
L.J.Steele

I'm also pondering the converse, what would someone want from a group of telekenetics that is worth the McGuffin. I'm pondering things that are too delicate to handle, sealed containers that one needs to manipulate the contents, maybe something biochemical or radioactive that needs to be manipulated thru a protective sealed casing.

Removing the physical safeguards on a biological or nuclear weapon is an obvious idea. Anyone have any clever less obvious ones?
L.J.Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 01:50 PM   #13
thrash

Substituting forgeries for works on display in museums.

Smuggling items past security checkpoints.

Opening vaults (etc.) by triggering their escape mechanisms from the inside.

Undetectable sabotage.

Poisoning someone who is already on alert, by introducing the poison after testing.

Installing listening devices in otherwise inaccessible locations.
thrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:50 PM   #14
Black Leviathan

The film Safety Not Guaranteed was based on a real-life newspaper ad. While I was slogging through employment ads I decided I was going to run a game about people who respond to a job ad and find out their job is traveling through time to fix other people's problems.
Black Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:05 PM   #15
dcarson

There is always the newspaper ad that Shackleton supposedly placed before his polar expedition.
Quote:
Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success.
And the quote about him
Quote:
"For scientific leadership, give me Scott, for swift and efficient travel give me Amundsen. But when you are in a hopeless situation, when you are seeing no way out, get done on your knees and pray for Shackleton. Incomparable in adversity, he was the miracle worker who would save your life against all the odds and long after your number was up. The greatest leader that ever came on God's earth, bar none."
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote