Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 12-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
gusty737

Default Help with a (Corporal) Crime Group

So i'm trying to build an infiltrated criminal organisation that's built around illegal trafficking and child labor, but i want to avoid doing an "oliver twist" situation where it's all tied back to a group of obvious greed crooks and have it be a sort of "competing interests" crime between a bunch of different princes and those culpable for working with them. Could you give some advice on making the criminals and their associates (semi-)realistic?
gusty737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:32 AM   #2
alexondria

Default Re: Help with a (Corporal) Crime Group

I'd start by deciding what demon princes you want involved and why they are involved. Based on that you can decide the directions of the organization and what kind of tensions exist within it.

Valefor: stealing stuff. I don't have my book in front of me so I can't remember if he's the sneaky thief or the smash and grab type.

Samiaga: Killing people. Hired hitmen or just thugs likely to participate in drive bys.

Vapula: industrial espionage. Stealing trade secrets and selling perhaps "improved" versions of them to other companies.

Nybass: The glitz. It's all about media attention. Murderers, thieves, kidnappers, it really doesn't matter as long as they get the attention of the media. Of course the longer they can go without being caught the better that attention is. He's probably favor groups that signed their work, or at least individuals within a larger organization that did.

Fleurity: The drug trade.

Kobal: Twisted humor, but I'm not really creative enough right now to fit it in. Maybe selling things that aren't quite what they seem. Tricking people into killing the wrong person.

Kronos: Using the organization to deal with people approaching their destiny without Heaven seeing your involvement. I'd see him less interested in the real criminal activities, but every now and then pushing them to specifics. Kill that man.... why? Well under what ever bull he gives you it could be something like, his meaningless death will put his fiancee on the path to her fate. Sell that man some of this drug.... again under all the seemingly reasonable reasons the real one is that it will start a downward spiral that will ruin his acting career and take him toward his fate or at least away from his destiny. The best part as long as you can keep you servitors meeting with the organization secret the angels have no reason to suspect your involvement.

Malphas: Making sure they don't work with other groups. You aren't wearing the wrong colour are you?

Andrealphus: Prostitution, human trafficking, thieves that use their looks to distract, anything that put the human body at the forefront.

Asmodeaus: You must follow the rules... What do you mean the rules changed and no one told you... You really aren't the right material for this if you can't keep up.

Anyway I could keep going, but I'm sure you get the idea here. I'm also sure that different people could come up with different reasons for each superior to be involved in a criminal organization. I personally wouldn't make it all of them, instead I'd pick 3 or 4 that I think would give an interesting dynamic of tensions within the group. Especially if they don't understand who is pulling the strings and why those tensions are there.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
Elberon

Default Re: Help with a (Corporal) Crime Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusty737 View Post
So i'm trying to build an infiltrated criminal organisation that's built around illegal trafficking and child labor, but i want to avoid doing an "oliver twist" situation where it's all tied back to a group of obvious greed crooks and have it be a sort of "competing interests" crime between a bunch of different princes and those culpable for working with them. Could you give some advice on making the criminals and their associates (semi-)realistic?
I'd go for Beleth (shattered dreams) and Kronos (I doubt anything wholesome or good will come out of this) also Valefour, seems to be up his street

Sorcerous cabal who take a cut of the commodity as it comes through.
Pagan group (would need to pull out ethereal guide to put flesh on the bones)

Last two I would leave in the greed crooks as the obvious target, and either put in clues they aren't in charge or six months time break up another gang with the exact same MO (repeat until they get suspicious and dig deeper)
Elberon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tips