Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-14-2017, 07:06 AM   #1
Piperdog

Default What's Next for GURPS?

Now that the Dungeon Fantasy box set is out, I have been wondering what is next for Gurps. As a fan of the system since 1st edition, I am glad to see a resurgence in getting it out there for people. So what's next? Most likely support for Dungeon Fantasy box set, I imagine, but what other genres could benefit from another kickstarter? Pulp Adventure with Cthulhu elements? Space opera? Supers? Heck, I would support any of those in a heartbeat, just like I did the Dungeon Fantasy. What do you guys think?
Piperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:27 AM   #2
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: What's Next for GURPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piperdog View Post
Now that the Dungeon Fantasy box set is out, I have been wondering what is next for Gurps.
What's immediately on the agenda is "wait and see." If the DFRPG does well, then yeah, more focused box sets seem likely. I'm hoping for space opera, but there are other plausible candidates.

If it doesn't do well, then what's next is probably more of the same of what we've been getting up to this point: a variety of small PDFs on a variety of subjects. Actually, we'll probably continue to see more of those anyway.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #3
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post

If it doesn't do well, then what's next is probably more of the same of what we've been getting up to this point: a variety of small PDFs on a variety of subjects. Actually, we'll probably continue to see more of those anyway.
I expect and hope so.
The boxed set stuff is I hope great for luring new people but likely to be less useful for us old hands.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:47 AM   #4
mehrkat

I'm not sure if i count as an old hat at GURPS but I personally will buy every Dungeon Fantasy powered by GURPS product they put out for several reasons.

1. Items that help me bring in new players are good for me
2. The more players that become more GURPS friendly the easier time I have finding players and games.
3. The more items they sell the more resources they put towards the GURPS line as a whole and more products they have.
4. Honestly all the product lines have told me things. I never thought GunFu would interest me but after reading it I got inspired by a tweaked wild west fantasy setting. After reading the DF combat section I internalized the Combat seconds in a way I never had.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:33 AM   #5
GM Joe

Hopefully, what's next is Dungeon Fantasy RPG support, followed by boxed sets for other genres. But, yeah, what's actually next is wait and see (while the usual high-quality GURPS supplements and Pyramid issues continue apace).
Old 09-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #6
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrkat View Post
I'm not sure if i count as an old hat at GURPS but I personally will buy every Dungeon Fantasy powered by GURPS product they put out for several reasons.
I tend to buy a lot of stuff I never intend to use directly or as is myself.
For similar reasons as you.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #7
Shostak

Well, I hope that what is next is a kickstarter for a Transhuman Space series of adventures along the lines of Pelgrane's Eternal Lies, Arkham Detective Files, and The Armitage Files. Not alike in the Mthos horror aspect, but in that it would present setting-appropriate, interesting, tested adventures partnered with great graphic design and illustration. The last thing I want is a new boxed set like Dungeon Fantasy that pares down rules I already own in the Basic Set.
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxed sets