Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:47 AM   #31
offsides

Default Re: Miniatures Set 2 Assembly Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CON_Troll View Post
Wow. Sorry to hear that. Good that your minis weren't damaged.

Thank you very much for the detailed build instructions for each model. Very helpful.
You're welcome. And yes, I'm very glad the minis weren't damaged, I would have hated to have to ask for more to replace them... :P
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 03:23 AM   #32
J. Durr

What's the deal with the four cannons on the front of the SHVY treads? Are they APs?
J. Durr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:01 AM   #33
Mack_JB

That was always my take. They were on the metal minis too.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:42 AM   #34
woodchuck

I thought they were supposed to be headlights. Not that it really matters.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:56 AM   #35
sparky00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianargent View Post
I remember reading an old-school modeling trick to make aerials and other "wire" gubbins: heat some sprue (carefully) and pull it apart gently to generate thin plastic "wire."
i used to do this in my younger days. It was much more difficult that it seems.

I had a little alcohol burner from my childhood chemistry set that was the best thing I ever found for heating the sprue.

I used to use sprue for all kinds of things - "wire", reinforcements, supports, stands, etc. Large plane kits were great, cause they had lots of straight, usable sprue.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:37 AM   #36
sgbeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
Light Tank:
Okay, while I have to admit that the assembled unit looks great, holy smokes is this one disproportionately complicated. First off, it's the only unit other than Ogres to require 5 (yes, FIVE!) pieces. Second, it's the ONLY unit that requires installing one piece on top of another (I'm not sure why this was necessary, though I'm sure there's a good reason for it). Finally, after installing the gun platform on the back, you really want to install the remaining three pieces in this order: radar dish, gun, antenna. Again, your sanity will thank you :)
i'm a bit late to the party on this, but my Set 2 just arrived here in Germany after a several-month delay at my mother's place in the States...

i assembled the Paneuro army last night/this morning and the first thing i did before starting assembly was open this thread up (which i'd bookmarked a few months back) to use the forum's collective wisdom on construction instructions. Some comments...

1) Whoever designed a 5-part light tank ought to be required to assemble them for us :|.

2) i've come to the conclusion (admittedly untested until i glue the Combine army) that it might (might) be easier (or at least not more difficult) to first mount the gun on that seemingly superfluous platform, then glue the radar dish, platform/gun combo, and antenna (in that order). In all cases, i was gluing a given part on all models, then allowing that to set, before proceeding with the next part. It was exceedingly tedious but not painful. Thankfully, none of my parts flew across the room (the gaps between the ancient floorboards are large enough to swallow some of these pieces irrevocably).

Edit: 2.5) nevermind about assembling the gun platform and gun first - those two parts are so small that i literally can't assemble them without first mounting the gun platform on the chassis :/.

Last edited by sgbeal; 02-04-2019 at 02:11 PM.
sgbeal is offline   Reply With Quote