Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Daily Illuminator

Old 03-08-2021, 11:00 PM   #1
RoboAdmin
Spam Assassin

Default March 9, 2021: Gaming Ballistic's The Fantasy Trip Kickstarter, Character Collections

March 9, 2021: Gaming Ballistic's The Fantasy Trip Kickstarter, Character Collections, Final Day

Read this article on the Illuminator.
RoboAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:21 AM   #2
Terquem

Default Re: March 9, 2021: Gaming Ballistic's The Fantasy Trip Kickstarter, Character Collect

Congratulations Gaming Ballistics
Terquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:47 PM   #3
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: March 9, 2021: Gaming Ballistic's The Fantasy Trip Kickstarter, Character Collect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terquem View Post
Congratulations Gaming Ballistics
Thank you!

We've seen a nice surge in pledges and adjustments, and solidly passed the 500-backer goal to unlock Character Collection 4: Wizards. That made everyone's pledge more rewarding by including the PDF and/or Print copy of the book for pledges that include them, and also the card deck and counters that go with the Wizards book added to the All the New Things and Everything Old and New pledge levels.

There are still four hours left in the campaign, and enough following but not backed that we could even hit the 700-backer goal.

That's not likely...but it is possible.

Note I keep talking about backers, not dollars. That $10 pledge that gets you four PDFs ranging from 8 to 20 pages, all with illustrations and print-your-own counter grids, counts for the goals every bit as much as the $400 "everything old and new" pledge level does.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:36 PM   #4
larsdangly

Congratulations on a very successful campaign! My guess is you will see two groups of customers: those who just came for the 10$ pdfs, and those who are warming up their cash catapults to throw enough money at backerkit to get the many physical components you are offering.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:03 AM   #5
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
Congratulations on a very successful campaign! My guess is you will see two groups of customers: those who just came for the 10$ pdfs, and those who are warming up their cash catapults to throw enough money at backerkit to get the many physical components you are offering.
That is quite right.

Historically, my US audience (464 people) goes for Print/Physical at a 2:1 ratio over PDF-only. That means - if things hold true there - I have something like 290 PDF-only people from the USA, and that usually means about 194 "conversions" to physical, whether "just" books, going all-in for cards and counters, or somewhere in the middle. This could potentially give this particular campaign the prize for "best campaign ever."

Or not...maybe folks just want PDFs this time. We'll have to see. I just sent out a pretty substantial "next steps" update via Kickstarter, and my mission right now is a bit of "write CC4 as quickly as possible" and "answer the unanswered questions about supply chain, international and domestic shipping, add-ons, and pledge levels" so I can get the Backerkit Survey stood up. That could take a bit, but I'm hoping to sprint to surveys quickly.

Once that stuff starts to materialize, I will also open the pre-order store.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote