Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 07-20-2009, 08:28 PM   #11
Bruiser

Default Re: Card Game vs Board Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles View Post
  • You cannot sell items for Gold pieces unless a deal says otherwise. You also do not keep the change when selling items for levels.

This one hit us on our first game. While it may not be strictly card vs board game, it's something that seemed intuitive that was wrong.
Where in the rules does it say you can only sell items if there is a deal?
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:33 PM   #12
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Nowhere. You've misread the post you quoted.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #13
Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by homi View Post
Hi, just started playing Munchkin Quest after playing Munchkin for a while. Still learning the rules (so many slight differences) and thought I'd add one to the thread:

You can carry more than 1 big item in MQ but for each one after the first it reduces your Move by 1.

(Btw, should I interpret this as unlimited big items or do you stop adding big items if you have no more Move left to sacrifice?)
Can somebody answer this rather interesting question?
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:15 AM   #14
Corinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
Can somebody answer this rather interesting question?
No, you probably can't equip a Big item if you have no more Move tokens to give up, just like you can't discard your hand if you have no cards in your hand.

However, you can still move to a new room on each turn, even with 0 move tokens, using the special room movement rule.

Last edited by Corinus; 11-30-2009 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Misunderstood the question and the reasons for asking.
Corinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #15
Thomas

Here is another difference that recently came up and had been causing some misunderstanding.

Monsters that Ignore vs. Will Not Pursue
In MQ, when a low-level munchkin is being ignored by a high level monster, they do not need to fight or even to leave the room. But if they do choose to fight, they are no longer ignored. Combat is as usual, and if they lose and fail to run away, Bad Stuff will happen (or else they take an additional hit).

In Munchkin, the high level monsters "will not pursue" a low-level munchkin. Combat is still optional, but if the monster is not defeated, running away (without any treasure) is mandatory and automatic, so Bad Stuff cannot happen.

The discussion where Andrew confirmed that the MQ treatment of this situation is different can be found here. See especially posts 14 (which includes a relevant Munchkin FAQ quotation), 17, and 18 (Andrew's answer).

Last edited by Thomas; 07-19-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:12 AM   #16
Johnny Black

And what about Monster Levels in Quest? I mean now they are constant like in the 19th printing? And enhancer cards like Baby decrease only effective level?
Old 07-31-2010, 05:39 AM   #17
MunchkinMan

Since the board game and the card game are different animals, you will have to treat them differently until it is decided that we will discuss this issue. For now, there have been way too many bigger fish to fry.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:40 AM   #18
Clipper

As this thread was quite useful for me while learning Munchkin Quest, I thought it might be worth adding the ruling from this thread that states Warriors that are helping cannot win ties.

Given that the similar power in Munchkin is highlighted in the rules as an example of the Helper's powers applying to combats, I'd taken it as granted that the same applied in Quest until finding that thread.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #19
Keroywn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Nowhere. You've misread the post you quoted.
Alrighty then, please clarify this for me because my husband and I have been going back and forth on this. The rules say that deals can only be done in the rooms that have deals listed .... can items be sold for levels in any room, or only when a deal is listed? I can't find anything in the rules specifically about selling items for levels. Thanks!
Keroywn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #20
dimitrisasp

I'm a little confused concerning the Search method. On page 7 the rules say "Roll your six sided dice to Search". That's all good! But later on page 20 in the search table it says "Roll one six sided die", which must be wrong since you can't reach the potential 12 roll with one die. Can someone clarify this please?

Last edited by dimitrisasp; 01-07-2013 at 11:18 AM.
dimitrisasp is offline   Reply With Quote