Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 02-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #41
Dagwan

Default Re: Munchkin Pawn Rules!

When using the Munchkin Pawn in Dungeons and Dragons instead of a more representative miniature, your character can get one free re-roll (attack, or damage) per encounter.

If you are playing a thief, you also get +1 to thievery checks.
Dagwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #42
robkelk
Untitled

Scrabble: Play the Super Munchkin on top of a previously-played blank tile - that tile can now be a different letter for horizontal and vertical words. It still scores 0, though.

Edit: Or... play on any previously-played tile. The tile becomes "munchkin-blank": it can now be a different letter for horizontal and vertical words, and scores 0 for the new word.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.

Last edited by robkelk; 03-03-2009 at 09:32 AM.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #43
SquashBot

Kill Dr. Lucky -- If you use a Munchkin Pawn in the Cheapass edition of the game, you can be assumed to have the "Big [color of your pawn] Hammer" and/or the Chainsaw weapon, so any attack you make without the benefit of a weapon card will be a three-point attack rather than a one-point attack.

Robo Rally -- If you use a Munchkin Pawn instead of one of the robot pawns, instead of shooting a laser forward at the end of each card phase you can swing your hammer or slice with your chainsaw to the space to the left or right of you, inflicting one point of damage to a robot in one of those spaces.

Pente -- You may use one Munchkin Pawn instead of a "normal" stone. That pawn cannot be captured as part of a surrounded pair.

Phase 10 -- If you have a Munchkin Pawn on the table in front of you while playing Phase 10, you may satisfy your ten phases in any order you choose.
SquashBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #44
Parody

Dungeonquest - I've created a set of Munchkin Pawn Characters for Dungeonquest; character sheets are available on the DQ section of my website.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:15 AM   #45
Valkalis

Blood Bowl

Any team my hire one (1) Munchkin.

Munchkin Dude - 80,000 gp
Ma 5
St 2
Ag 3
Av 7

Stunty, Dodge, Chainsaw, Kill the Monsters

Kill the Monsters: The player may add +2 to either the Armor roll or Injury roll against a Big Guy. This may be used to modify either a block or a foul.

Skill Selection: General
*Munchkins may choose physical traits upon a roll of doubles.
Valkalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #46
Cheese8242

Revolution!

Each player gets one Munchkin Pawn per game. Once per game you can use the Munchkin Pawn as a bid, the pawn beats any amount of Force, Blackmail, or Gold. Ties are handled per the rules of Revolution!, and yes you can bid other tokens along with the Munchkin Pawn to help secure the location. The Munchkin Pawn can be used on any bid square.
MIB #4282

The Most Impressive Loser in the MQ Gauntlet
Cheese8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #47
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese8242 View Post
Revolution!

Each player gets one Munchkin Pawn per game. Once per game you can use the Munchkin Pawn as a bid, the pawn beats any amount of Force, Blackmail, or Gold. Ties are handled per the rules of Revolution!, and yes you can bid other tokens along with the Munchkin Pawn to help secure the location. The Munchkin Pawn can be used on any bid square.
Nice! I'm sure every game would end with the players all using their pawns in the last round. :)

I'd tweak/clarify this a bit, though. It's against the spirit of the rules for someone to "surprisingly" whip out their Munchkin pawn for a bid. So I'd suggest this:
Each player can use one Munchkin Pawn per game. Once per game you can add the Pawn to your bid tokens at the beginning of your turn; any other player who hasn't used a Pawn can react by adding his as well. Treat the Pawn as a new token that beats any amount of Force, Blackmail, or Gold. Ties are handled per the rules of Revolution!, and yes you can bid other tokens along with the Munchkin Pawn to help secure the location. The Munchkin Pawn can be used on any bid square.
That makes it a bit more fair and doesn't nerf recon.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #48
PK

The Stars Are Right
During your summoning phase, you may "summon" a Munchkin Pawn by discarding any one card. This is considered a summoning; thus, you may not summon anything else on this turn. You may only have one Pawn in front of you at a time, though you may summon multiple Pawns over the course of a game. The Pawn is not worth any points. When summoning a Great Old One, treat the Pawn as a Lesser Servitor that reduces the Great Old One's cost by one tile of any type.
(It's a pretty powerful ability, but I think the need to effectively "skip a turn" makes it balanced.)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:03 AM   #49
MIB0247

Car Wars The Card Game is a clever and fun homage to the original Car Wars game, which in its heyday was home a huge amount of munchkinly behaviour. One trick was the use of innocuous-seeming objects (things such as an Armoured Beer Refrigerator, Cargo Safe, spare tires and so on) as a "damage sink", present merely to attract randomly-allocated damage away from more important components. Some players have ghoulishly used people for this purpose.

My rule suggestion therefore honours that devious practice.
  • Car Wars The Card Game: At the start of a game of Car Wars The Card Game a player may place a single Munchkin Pawn on the centre of the car status card. No status card may have more than one Pawn. The Pawn represents a Passenger, who can absorb 5 points of damage just like the Driver. Any hit which penetrates the armor and would be normally applied to the Driver is instead allocated randomly to the Driver or Passenger. As soon as the Passenger takes 5 points or more of damage the Pawn is removed. A vehicle is "killed" as normal when the driver has taken 5 points or more of damage, even if the Passenger is still present.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #50
SithMasterZaid

You know those people that go around the country/world to different famous landmarks and take pictures of a stuffed animal or other small portable figurine with the landmark behind it?

You could totally do that with the Super Munchkin figurines... and have them battling it out!