Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 08-11-2017, 07:02 AM   #1
AnnoyanceTX

Default Trojan Horse + Deck of Too Many Things

Short version of question is can Trojan Horse be used to deny treasure in a non-combat situation?

Came up when Deck of TMT was played, player discarded 4 cards and was about to draw treasure cards when Trojan Horse was played without monster.

The first response was "you can't play Trojan Horse because I wasn't in combat". We agreed that you could, but I was hoping someone could confirm that this is true.

Second response was "Okay, you deny me treasure so I am forced to draw door cards" and proceeded to draw 4 cards from the door pile. Doesn't seem right since he declared his intention to draw 4 treasure cards, and changed after Trojan Horse was played. I wasn't really going for that, either.

Final response was to give up one treasure (in response to Trojan Horse) and then draw the remaining 3 cards (for the 4 discards) from the door deck. Also lame, but we had to move along so I agreed.

Any help on what should have happened in this scenario would be appreciated.
AnnoyanceTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:21 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Trojan Horse + Deck of Too Many Things

Andrew made the point in this thread that the intent was only after combat, but since the card is already too wordy, that hasn't been made explicit.

So, unfortunately, playing Trojan Horse in that situation wasn't legitimate.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote