Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-26-2021, 05:33 PM   #491
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Speak to Hua:

I get it, so at least one gun must be missing, are the guns in the lockers manipulated every-day? If not, then let’s leave drop this for now. Maybe this could be another method to hide weapons.

And your idea about lockers A-E sounds about right.

Speaking to both:

However, it’s seems we must focus on brainwashing people, that’s our priority. Any ideas to brain-wash lots of people? Why don’t you two join the extra hands? It might give you the chance to work (and walk around the ship) at the time of you sleep. Daymar’s supervisor supervises my job there, for example.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:46 PM   #492
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Speak to Hua:

I get it, so at least one gun must be missing, are the guns in the lockers manipulated every-day? If not, then let’s leave drop this for now. Maybe this could be another method to hide weapons.

And your idea about lockers A-E sounds about right.
They inventory each locker every shift; if we can come up with a way for the rack to appear full, it might go unnoticed. Maybe we could find a pipe or something that could be mistaken for a gun?

Quote:
However, it’s seems we must focus on brainwashing people, that’s our priority. Any ideas to brain-wash lots of people? Why don’t you two join the extra hands? It might give you the chance to work (and walk around the ship) at the time of you sleep. Daymar’s supervisor supervises my job there, for example.
If anything, I need more time where nobody will come looking for me. Invisibility gives me all the liberty I need to wander the ship. If anything, I think casing a officer's day schedule to identify a point in their schedule when they're relatively isolated could aid in brainwashing schemes.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:47 AM   #493
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Speaking to both:

Daymar responds, "The problem I'm facing is how to brainwash them effectively, and what do with the ones I have until they're needed. The 'fire and forget' strategy doesn't seem to have worked - it sounds like they've all been arrested. I can only really 'control someone's mind' through suggestion when I'm close by, and then only one, maybe two, at a time. I can tweak others permanently through touch, but what's the best way to do that? I've tried altering their loyalties, but it's hard to get the critical mass where that will do something useful. The officers are likely the key, but they're also the most likely to have been trained to resist. Maybe if we could get them drunk, or drug them, then I could come in and take over..."
Old 02-27-2021, 10:44 PM   #494
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
The problem I'm facing is how to brainwash them effectively (...)
If you want to build a critical mass, you need a place to have people handed to you without calling too much attention. I would say you need a “safe” hub.

This is why I suggested taking over the infirmary or having you joining the extra hands. Both places grant a certain flow of people, are relatively accessible and provide you with mobility.

Now, subduing people (officers) in the aisles would work if you had the help of your buddy and 2 other guys, I consider your numbers have to double the amount of men you want to target. Otherwise it would be hard to take a countermeasure if “plan A” fails.

And then, you can use the officers to establish "the hub".

I am nominating you, Hua, Thibi and your buddy for this plan.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:12 AM   #495
TGLS

Quote:
Now, subduing people (officers) in the aisles would work if you had the help of your buddy and 2 other guys, I consider your numbers have to double the amount of men you want to target. Otherwise it would be hard to take a countermeasure if “plan A” fails.
I think if we get a good fix on a particular officer, I can daze them and that should leave them sufficiently subdued for our purposes. If they resist, well, I should be able to take them by surprise being invisible and all.

If we're going to go with "convert everyone and charge them" plan, maybe you [Daymar] could get a shiv, and instill them with personal loyalty to Daymar. If they resist, Daymar can just stab them. Maybe "Take orders from Daymar above all else" or something.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:27 PM   #496
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I think (...)
I like both ideas.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:24 AM   #497
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The official training on mind control is that the biggest obstacle to brainwashing is the inability of those effected to conceal it. In short, they generally lack the acting skill.

About a quarter to a third of those who were brainwashed are still floating around. However, Daymar has no way to track who they are and thus doesn't know if they were arrested or not.

A pair of dreadstormers should be more than sufficient to take out an officer, if you can isolate them. Remember, you're 250 point special forces, and they are not.

Just hoping to add some clarity to the discussion.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:59 PM   #498
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) A pair of dreadstormers should be more than sufficient to take out an officer, if you can isolate them. Remember, you're 250 point special forces, and they are not (...)
I understand, but I guess it is sort of a big thing when you have six guys without buddies roaming in the ship at the same time. This is the 2 dread stormers, the officer and company… or isn’t it going to be like that?
Old 03-02-2021, 08:04 AM   #499
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I understand, but I guess it is sort of a big thing when you have six guys without buddies roaming in the ship at the same time. This is the 2 dread stormers, the officer and company… or isn’t it going to be like that?

I'm sure you can find a way to reduce the number of "Buddy-less" individuals.

Officers are not subject to the buddy rule.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:41 PM   #500
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Officers are not subject to the buddy rule.
Interesting, thanks a lot!

Pacifica makes an attempt to share information about her supervisor in the extra hands. But seems she has not observed anything in particular.

Pacifica (Observation):
3d6 <= 14
4 + 6 + 5 = 15 ... failure

I believe all what's left is a call for action. Have you guys noticed anything in particilar about the (n)OCs? (for the matter of taking one of them down).