Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2020, 07:22 AM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Okay, here's a first draft, minus psi powers. Is artificial gravity common in this setting, or does the ship use spin gravity, or just have micro-gravity (from thrust)? I was considering having Daymar come from an asteroid colony (a Belter) and be an experienced spacer. He is in the Motive section of the ship, focused on the drives, but also can be involved in any EVA repairs from the outside of the ship. Would something like the Zero-G Worksuit (GURPS Ultratech, p. 183) be in use?

Artificial gravity is used in this setting, though its a bit clunky, and takes up a full deck on the ship. It can be sabotaged or damaged, or disabled by cutting off its power. Its looking like you'll both be zero-g competent, so that may be a way to get a nice edge.

Having the skills for both Zero-G and star-drive engines, he's a shoe-in for working on the Plasma Emitters. The ship's hull is covered in around 40 (I think, I'd have to consult the plans) high energy stations that fill hyperspace with ionized hydrogen to create a "hyperspace bubble". They also are necessary for the shields. They occasionally have problems, so a EVA guy on the motive crew is quite useful.

I hadn't thought about what suit such repairs would use. I was thinking about a normal vacc-suit, but the work-suit would work as well. Do you have a preference?

Playing a space-native "Belter" is fine.

I'm a little worried about the bloodlust disadvantage, especially in an undercover roll. How are you imagining it playing out?

Accessibility modifiers don't apply to disadvantages. If you want quirk-level overconfidence against normals, that's fine. Actually, Overconfidence doesn't require you to take unreasonable risks. It forbids you from displaying "an unreasonable degree of caution".

The background skills make me smile.

I haven't processed all your skills yet, but so far, so good.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote