Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 01-23-2006, 03:49 PM   #21
Sagitta

Default Re: Rumour is there's a new Superior PDF this month

[rhetoric] What could possibly be higher priority than In Nomine? [/rhetoric]
Sagitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:48 PM   #22
Lucius Drake

Minor Archangels? Again?

-sighs- Oh well, I'm glad that so many seem so happy to be getting them. I guess I'll just dig a deeper foxhole for the winter campaign ahead. Heh.

Sorry if I seem bitter or cynical perhaps, but I'm rather sick of minor Superiors. They're minor for a reason, they don't have as much power or influence over the scheme of things. For that reason, while they may be cute/interesting/occasionally useful, I don't see myself bothering with any of the extended writeups.
Maybe one day, when the last of the major-league players have been all neatly written up I'll come back and collect the minors for the sake of completion.

Until then? I'll keep waiting as patiently as I know how for the likes of Janus, Jean, Jordi, and Eli. I'm sure I've missed some, but you get the gist no doubt. :-)

Disclaimer to the above: Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that the minor superiors are getting written up, and I do understand that it's a lot of work to write up a major superior, so I can appreciate the priority system here; I just have no personal desire to see the minor Archangels or Demon Princes at the moment.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:51 PM   #23
EDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius Drake
I'll keep waiting as patiently as I know how for the likes of Janus, Jean, Jordi, and Eli.
*cough*

;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius Drake
Minor Archangels? Again?
Actually, both of the Superiors released under the e23 aegis so far have been major Superiors, so I'm honestly not sure where this is coming from...

Last edited by EDG; 01-23-2006 at 08:55 PM.
EDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:27 AM   #24
Lucius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDG
*cough*

;)

Actually, both of the Superiors released under the e23 aegis so far have been major Superiors, so I'm honestly not sure where this is coming from...
I was unaware of Eli's write-up, I apologize for the oversight there.

If the other is Lilith, just recently released as I understand, I certainly wouldn't qualify her as major with a side note in the Core Rules and no attunements listed initially or any actual given role in the War other than her historical role and her Daughters.

Edit: Where it's coming from is that Zadkiel and Litheroy even were written up long before the likes of Eli and the other real Archangels (ok, so I admit to bias against Litheroy. He should still be the Angel of Revelation, serving Destiny perhaps? I neither think he should be an Archangel nor actually like him. :P) have been. I'm not just talking about the wunderkind of e23 here after all. Some of us old fashioned folk still use paper! -grins cheekily-

p.s. There's a typographical error in the preview PDF for Eli. "Distrubed not Dissonant" I'm not being snarky or cheeky, I just thought you should know.

Last edited by Lucius Drake; 01-24-2006 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Cheekiness :P
Lucius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:26 AM   #25
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

As is frequent, we had authors for certain Superiors. (Heck, we had complete, ready-to-playtest writeups in a couple cases...) Thus, those Superiors got slotted in first. Believe me, I'd like to have a completed Jean, too...

(Lilith counts as a Major Superior -- she's in the core rules, not introduced in a Rev Cycle or adventure book. Everyone is free to downgrade her in their campaign, but when canon comes with a list of majors and minors, she's in the major side.)

Lilith was released in November, 2005. Eli in December, 2005.

I hope to have something for playtest very soon. (I'm mostly prodding at a GURPS conversion or two, and having anxiety attacks that Scott really does want me to announce it.)

If you can stick the page number and the typo into a post on the "errata for e23 products" sticky thread, I can make sure that goes in at a point when Scott won't yelp at me.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #26
Lucius Drake

As I said, I do understand and appreciate that there is a lot of work to be done, and my minor disappointment (very minor) is not directed at anything save any cosmic forces denying me Jean and Jordi's expanded write-ups.

I'm just gnashing teeth and tearing hair and cloth here since no-one else seems to raise issues of contention. I can't help it, it's the way I am.

(I hope the use of the Balseraph sigil as my avatar is not infringing on anything. I presume not as it's not-for-profit in any way and it is, in point of fact, on the very forums of the company that has the license for In Nomine :D )

p.s. Oh yes, I shall put that in the errata thread immediately.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:18 PM   #27
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Heh...

I don't know for sure what the full legalities are about using the SJGames art as avatars here. There's probably something in the online policies? Not sure... One reason I used an icon of my own design. O;>

Thanks for updating the thread!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:26 AM   #28
alexondria

so when do we get to find out who the next superior is going to be?
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:29 PM   #29
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Well, eventually, it'll be revealed... O:>
Old 01-30-2006, 06:42 AM   #30
Methariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
Well, eventually, it'll be revealed... O:>
Hm, was that Yves, using Beth's account? ;)

Methariel

Tags
meta