Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-08-2019, 05:35 AM   #231
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

"If I could predict them I'd have already detained them. You should be able to keep people out of your pod."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:25 PM   #232
Plane

"Next time I'll ask to speak to whoever's out there first before inviting them in, for sure. What should I do in the meantime?"
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:05 AM   #233
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
"Next time I'll ask to speak to whoever's out there first before inviting them in, for sure. What should I do in the meantime?"
"Stay in your room! Use the virtual world! You don't have to go outside to do most things."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-15-2019, 02:24 PM   #234
Plane

*practices running short sprints (not sure how many strides it would be for her, maybe 5?) back and forth, concerned about inability to outrun and her bad bowlegged form*

"I think I'd like to study something related to brains so I can figure out what's happening to people, or to myself. That's probably a long program... maybe I could learn to operate some kind of scanning machine?"
Old 05-16-2019, 12:23 PM   #235
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Olive looks at the area for wind-sprints: she has about 7 feet to work with. She can walk around and practice moving, but any sustained movement in a direction is impossible.

There are many scanning machines and scanning programs she can try to learn. Some of them are physical, and some rely on readings from the ANI. She can start learning them immediately. Most of the scanning machines are pretty large, like the one she was helping people to at the medical center.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:45 PM   #236
Plane

Anything physical she can do to try and better prepare to avoid big guys coming at her would be of interest, but will otherwise figure out if there are any scanning machines she'd be capable of operating, perhaps with a footstool to stand on to reach the buttons.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:10 AM   #237
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

She finds a few instruction manuals on escaping combat, but they're mostly telling her things she already knows. She doesn't know why anyone would teach a cripple like her that, but someone already has.

The scanners are operated through computer interfaces: in her case, the SAU. That doesn't mean their isn't a lot to learn. Is she more focused on how to run the machine or on how to read the results?

She's been studying for about an hour when she gets another request for people to come into room. These people are once again fairly large and young males, though not as big as the last two.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:39 PM   #238
Plane

Would focus on reading results first, then operating the machine.

She has no intention of letting them in, but weighs whether or not to respond (which would let them know she's there) or remain silent.

"Computer, without telling these two I am here, can you tell me about who they are and what they've been up to lately?"
Old 05-20-2019, 08:24 AM   #239
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

They are Edmundo Gracacani and Reuban Hudson. Dr. Gracacani is an ecologist who came to study the planet's ecology, particuarly its insect equivalents. Dr. Hudson is a Hyper-Dimensional Physicist aiding with the travel of the Beagle, which is the largest object transported this way to date by a large margin. He's been studying the properties of this region of space.

Neither of them know each other well. They were exercising and happened to be near each other when both of them turned around and came to her door.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:47 PM   #240
Plane

"SAU could you please contact Mister Welker and tell him Gracacani and Hudson are acting strangely and trying to get into my room?"