Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #51
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Double-dipping - Can't wear Armor and Vow

Wouldn't "Accessibility: Only while naked and painted blue" be worth more than CWA? If I remember right, CWA only applies while the DR is on. Having to have blue paint on is even more annoying than stripping.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #52
Gavynn

Place me in the camp with those who think painting yourself blue in this manner should be more than a one minute affair. Probably I would make it part of a much longer ritual.

And not that I don't love the point-build discussion, but I am wondering what the need for this advantage is anyway (unless of course, one just likes building advantages, and we are on this forum after all...). Really, I would be tempted to just write it out exactly like I wanted it and then include the ability to go through this ritual as part of the game world, especially if this was an option that all the players could go through anyway.

The main reason I would charge point for it is if this felt could do this to himself (meaning he did not need a religious figure to guide him through the ritual) and this was going to be a campaign in which the Celt was unique. Maybe he is the only Celt in a game taking place in Asia minor, for example. Then that would be an advantage to pay points for.
Gavynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #53
vitruvian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Manel Cunha View Post
If your clothes are invisible you're still naked,
No. That would be a much lesser Accessibility, and not allowed by Cannot Wear Armor.

Quote:
In addition, many of the legendary "naked" DR which was in place traditionally still allowed for the usage of sandals/boots, why people believed they were immune to spears while their feet could still be punctured by sharp rocks underfoot don't ask me, but there you go.
That's an interesting point. With CWA, even with the Nonprotective Clothing Perk, you either couldn't wear such footgear or it would provide no extra protection to the soles of your feet. With Accessibility, I guess allowing footwear is a small enough difference I wouldn't vary the discount value much if at all.

Quote:
After all, there wouldn't be any cost differential between the Accessibility "must be naked and painted blue from the waist down", and the Accessibility "must be naked and painted blue".
Why do you say that? Of course there would. The former would allow a breastplate and pot helmet, the latter would not. Very different values.

Quote:
Regardless, I'd still require the Nonprotective Clothing perk so that people can keep their shoes on.
Sure, as long as you don't allow their shoes to actually protect them in that case.
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:07 AM   #54
Anders

It might be better to skip the whole "paint yourself" thing and merely say you must have the requisite tattoos. And remove that entire part of the advantage.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #55
Wraithe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
It might be better to skip the whole "paint yourself" thing and merely say you must have the requisite tattoos. And remove that entire part of the advantage.
That was my call on it. I give modifiers to the initial rolls if you had done the painting rituals, or spend a minute working yourself up, and negative ones for being surprised, etc.
Wraithe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advantage, celtic myth, force field, rules interpretation, switchable