Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 01-30-2018, 04:13 PM   #11
Mister Ed

Default Re: Are there other Hero cards available in the first release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterS View Post
The Goldfish Wanderer will not be a tournament legal hero, just draft. Feel free to play with it at home though.
Thanks! Now I just have to get my hands on one (or more).
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:42 PM   #12
crestedskew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Thanks! Now I just have to get my hands on one (or more).
Not even being sarcastic. This is why you gotta talk with your FLGS. My store already has the Organized Play packs on order and is setting up drafts as soon as the game hits shelves. I cannot wait!
crestedskew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:57 AM   #13
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestedskew View Post
My store already has the Organized Play packs on order and is setting up drafts as soon as the game hits shelves. I cannot wait!
That is great! I've found draft is my favorite way to play; it changes up the way you look at the cards and the Goldfish Wanderer allows for some fun card interactions.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:32 AM   #14
crestedskew

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
That is great! I've found draft is my favorite way to play; it changes up the way you look at the cards and the Goldfish Wanderer allows for some fun card interactions.
I'm very curious about how the draft is going to play as well. Plus I *need* to see the other heroes locations something tells me getting a fun location out and doing a fair bit of cheating is going to take it to another level I am fully ready to be on board for.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:01 AM   #15
Mister Ed

Quote:
Not even being sarcastic. This is why you gotta talk with your FLGS. My store already has the Organized Play packs on order and is setting up drafts as soon as the game hits shelves. I cannot wait!
My FLGS is doing the launch event, and another in April. Unfortunately, the launch event is on a weekend where I have a prior commitment.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:13 AM   #16
crestedskew

Quote:
My FLGS is doing the launch event, and another in April. Unfortunately, the launch event is on a weekend where I have a prior commitment.
Draft is anytime. I can't find the link atm but the OP box is $5 or free with 6 booster boxes. They've been posting about this everywhere. And Andrew or Philip just said they're shipping out February. You could be drafting as soon as the product is on shelves... I'm not sure where the confusion is.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:49 AM   #17
Mister Ed

Quote:
Draft is anytime. I can't find the link atm but the OP box is $5 or free with 6 booster boxes. They've been posting about this everywhere. And Andrew or Philip just said they're shipping out February. You could be drafting as soon as the product is on shelves... I'm not sure where the confusion is.
Draft is whenever somebody else organizes one. I'm not in a position to organize one, so my opportunities are limited to what gets organized at my FLGS. I can't just pop in any time and do a draft whenever I feel like...

I'm sure I'll get a chance eventually, but you are making it sound like I can just do it whenever, which perplexes me.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:09 AM   #18
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
I can't just pop in any time and do a draft whenever I feel like...
Technically, if each player already has a Goldfish Wanderer card, a group could go in on a display of cards and run an in-home draft. But I think he means that stores can arrange and run drafts whenever they wish, not that the are company-sanctioned draft dates.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:13 AM   #19
crestedskew

Quote:
Draft is whenever somebody else organizes one. I'm not in a position to organize one, so my opportunities are limited to what gets organized at my FLGS. I can't just pop in any time and do a draft whenever I feel like...

I'm sure I'll get a chance eventually, but you are making it sound like I can just do it whenever, which perplexes me.
I've got 3 stores within 15 min of my home that draft MTG, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon almost daily. Some are more focused on one game vs others but if you wanna participate you pay the entry and play. They try very hard to keep a consistent schedule and offer incentives for play. There's signage in the store and listings for the events on their socials. I know for a fact two of them will be drafting Munchkin at least once a week since I've spoken to them about it. Have you spoken to yours? They run it, I will pay my entry and play.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:12 AM   #20
Mister Ed

Quote:
I've got 3 stores within 15 min of my home that draft MTG, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon almost daily. Some are more focused on one game vs others but if you wanna participate you pay the entry and play. They try very hard to keep a consistent schedule and offer incentives for play. There's signage in the store and listings for the events on their socials. I know for a fact two of them will be drafting Munchkin at least once a week since I've spoken to them about it. Have you spoken to yours? They run it, I will pay my entry and play.
What do you want me to say to them, exactly? I'm not going to try to convince them to run weekly drafts, as I'm not likely to make it to one very often, and have no personal knowledge of the level of local interest outside myself. I presume they have a better idea than I how often they should run events. I just check their calendar. There are two events listed. I can't make it to one, but will try to make it to the other.