Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 01-19-2006, 11:26 AM   #11
Padre

Default Re: Rumour is there's a new Superior PDF this month

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadLilim
And by this quote from the In Nomine page:

"Not only that, but word on the street (well, the e23 news feed) is that another Superior's expanded writeup is coming this month. Scott hasn't said which Superior it is, but that shouldn't stay a secret for long..."

My bet is Lithroy. "Shouldn't stay a secret..." very cute.
Hah, yes, very sneaky :). Revelations it must be. Good good, I have a player who was thinking of playing a Revelations servitor.
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #12
RadLilim

I'd also like to put my vote in for a e23 supplement for the non-GURPS Girgori write-up. :)

This is a lot like writting a wish list for Santa!

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:01 PM   #13
EDG

I'd just like to note for the record that I'm the one who wrote the news piece on the In Nomine page, and I don't remember being told who the new Superior is. I'm fairly certain I know what the options are (and finding those out would be trivial - I don't even think it requires leaving this forum), but I don't have any inside information on which writeup is being released. But feel free to speculate - and to wishlist, while you're at it! :)

(I do have my suspicions, and I'm hedging my bets above as to whether I've been told because it's entirely possible that someone mentioned it in passing and I forgot or it didn't register.)
EDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:39 PM   #14
RadLilim

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDG
I'd just like to note for the record that I'm the one who wrote the news piece on the In Nomine page, and I don't remember being told who the new Superior is. I'm fairly certain I know what the options are (and finding those out would be trivial - I don't even think it requires leaving this forum), but I don't have any inside information on which writeup is being released. But feel free to speculate - and to wishlist, while you're at it! :)

(I do have my suspicions, and I'm hedging my bets above as to whether I've been told because it's entirely possible that someone mentioned it in passing and I forgot or it didn't register.)

Awww, and that was such a good clue too!

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:46 AM   #15
milliken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre
Doesn't Jean's first distinction provide lightning calculation ability already?
Yes, though it also includes other things as well. I'd forgotten the distinction -- we rarely have characters with distinctions....

There was another component I was thinking of for Elohim.... Something to do with being able to judge the size/shape/stresses in manmade objects. In particular, they'd be nasty siege engineers.

Quote:
Is that canon? I'm sue I read somewhere that either Lucifer or Gabriel introduced fire to humans. although I do like the idea of Lightning being involved. As you say, it is fitting to both the literal and figurative interpretations of the Word.
As far as I know, it's not canon. Yes, I seem to recall Lucifer being mentioned in canon; but my thought was that he enlisted Jean's assistance in the project.

Quote:
I've always wondered if one good way to restrict Jean's Kyriotate attunement would be to restrict it to only those things that ould conduct electricity/lightning
That's pretty restrictive, at least earlier than the 19th century or so.

Kyrios are just annoying in general, Jean's are just a bit more so than most. This is why force catchers were invented....

---Walter
milliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:41 AM   #16
Padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliken
As far as I know, it's not canon. Yes, I seem to recall Lucifer being mentioned in canon; but my thought was that he enlisted Jean's assistance in the project.
Works for me. Interesting to think that of those words which had most deep links to Light - Fire and Lightning - neither Fell in the Rebellion.

Quote:
That's pretty restrictive, at least earlier than the 19th century or so.
I dunno. Most (all?) metal conducts electricity, and metal working has been around for a good long while. You'd have Kyrios of Jean possessing suits of armor and the like.

But I guess it does make more sense as a game balance limitation for Jean's modern attunement, if we simply assume he used to give out something completely different for Kyrios in the past.
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:21 AM   #17
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliken
That Lucifer, with Jean's assistance, introduced fire to humans is in Superiors 3, Gabby's writeup, IIRC.

So unless I'm swapped timelines, yes, it's canon. It's just an itty-bitty piece tucked away carefully.

Last edited by EDG; 01-20-2006 at 08:40 AM.
Archangel Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:41 AM   #18
EDG

Quote:
Awww, and that was such a good clue too!
Tell you what - if it turns out to be Litheroy, I'll redact my post above and we can pretend I was prescient. ;)
EDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:44 PM   #19
Glamourweaver

I know it contridicts canon, but in my setting I hand-waved Jean into having been an Elohite of Light (though already the Angel of Lightning) before the Fall.
Glamourweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:04 AM   #20
sdharing

Quote:
And by this quote from the In Nomine page:

"Not only that, but word on the street (well, the e23 news feed) is that another Superior's expanded writeup is coming this month. Scott hasn't said which Superior it is, but that shouldn't stay a secret for long..."

My bet is Lithroy. "Shouldn't stay a secret..." very cute.
Thanks.

We are indeed working on another Superiors project, but some higher-priority work has been dropped on us, and the new Superior might not make it out before the end of the month. If that does happen, it will still come out in early February, though, so hang in there.
sdharing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta