Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 09-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #51
DSumner

Default Re: Villains & Vigilantes is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj View Post
I thought it was fine. I do read the MHG forum on a regular basis, just haven't posted there lately!

I'm finishing up "rocket season" and hope to get back in the writing groove shortly.
Does this mean we'll get to see some new V&V material from you?

"Death is certain, life is not."

"No one assails me without punishment"
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #52
stefanj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner View Post
Does this mean we'll get to see some new V&V material from you?
Did you read the interview? :-)
Old 09-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #53
DSumner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj View Post
Did you read the interview? :-)
I did, but there might be some people flowing this thread who didn't (hint, hint). ;)

Old 10-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #54
DSumner

Two new adventures are up for download on the FGU website, Danger in the Depths 1 & 2. There's also a lot of other new material (as well as some older stuff that's been sitting for a while) in development.

Over at FGU, James Satter's Escape from the Micro-Universe is the next item, followed by Ken Cliffe's next book.

MHG, has a couple of projects on it's platter. In Broad Daylight, is scheduled for a Nov. 30th release date. And they've started work on a "V&V universe" book. Bill Willigham, and Stefan Jones have both submitted manuscripts, and Jeff's got a manuscript from Dr. Stephen Jones, that he's had for a few years. Jeff's also stated that they intended to convert "Blood Ties" from Living Legends, to V&V at some point.

And lastly, Zenith Comics is planning on releasing Public Enemies, Vol. 1. within the next few months.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #55
DSumner

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys have been picking up any of the new stuff that's been released for V&V? And for those of you that have, what do think of it?

Old 10-30-2010, 08:59 AM   #56
Ze'Manel Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner View Post
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys have been picking up any of the new stuff that's been released for V&V? And for those of you that have, what do think of it?
I may consider it next time I run a Supers game, but it's one of those out of sight out of mind types of things.

Just to add, I personally never get anything from RPGNow, not even their free stuff, too much hassle and it doesn't seem to download most of the time, which is weird since it's connected to DriveThruRPG which works fine.

It's much easier to buy and download stuff from e23 than either of those though. The drawback to e23 being of course that their listings leave quite a bit to be desired.
Ze'Manel Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:01 PM   #57
DSumner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Manel Cunha View Post
I may consider it next time I run a Supers game, but it's one of those out of sight out of mind types of things.

Just to add, I personally never get anything from RPGNow, not even their free stuff, too much hassle and it doesn't seem to download most of the time, which is weird since it's connected to DriveThruRPG which works fine.

It's much easier to buy and download stuff from e23 than either of those though. The drawback to e23 being of course that their listings leave quite a bit to be desired.
Well if you're not interested in PDFs, several of the new releases are available in print form. V&V 2.1 and Intercrime: Hostile Takeover are available as POD products from Lulu. And FGU has V&V Giant 1, which contains Citizen Report, Into the Sub-Realm, Enter the Gene Pool, and a mini-adventure.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #58
DSumner

In the latest V&V news, FGU has posted the cover image for their upcoming release, Escape from the Micro-Universe, over on the FGU website. And on the MHG front, Jeff Dee has announced that he's working on the maps for MHGs upcoming, In Broad Daylight, as well as looking at hiring an artist for Stefan Jones mini-scenario.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #59
stefanj

A nice coup by Monkey House Games:
MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ IS NOW THE AUTHORIZED PUBLISHER OF BILL WILLINGHAM’S “DEATH DUEL WITH THE DESTROYERS”™ AND “ISLAND OF DOCTOR APOCALYPSE”™
Quote:
Award-winning writer and artist BILL WILLINGHAM (FABLES, WARRIORS THREE) and MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ are proud to announce that they are bringing the classic superhero role-playing game adventures DEATH-DUEL WITH THE DESTROYERS™ and THE ISLAND OF DOCTOR APOCALYPSE™ back into print for the VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ 2.1 game system. These works are often cited as the “rough draft” of Willingham’s influential superhero comic book series Elementals. They will be available in both digital and print form.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #60
AlabasterKnight

I understand where your 'loyalties' are, but be careful not to immerse yourself unnecessarily in the legal context. It's not a coup at all as much as it is a tragedy that Bill has put his eggs in that basket, further muddying the water.
Even sadder that Scott had nothing but nice things to say about you. Add yourself to the ranks of everyone that Scott apparently doesn't have a clue about.

Last edited by AlabasterKnight; 11-15-2010 at 02:19 PM.
AlabasterKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supers