Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-14-2018, 10:09 AM   #1
Garion

Location: Northern (and I mean Northern, not freakin' Albany!) New york
Default Move and attack

With the move and attack maneuver you can attack anywhere along your move. Can you spread your attacks among multiple targets along your path if you have multiple attacks and/or multistrike?

Also, assume I know my target will probably blink when I swing at him, if I make my attack a move and attack can I use the rest of my move to close in and finish up with any other attacks I might have left....assuming I can still get to where he blinked?
Old 07-14-2018, 10:42 AM   #2
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Move and attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garion View Post
With the move and attack maneuver you can attack anywhere along your move. Can you spread your attacks among multiple targets along your path if you have multiple attacks and/or multistrike?
I'd allow that, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garion
Also, assume I know my target will probably blink when I swing at him, if I make my attack a move and attack can I use the rest of my move to close in and finish up with any other attacks I might have left....assuming I can still get to where he blinked?
Personally, I'd call for a Perception roll (at the usual -2 for actions taken during a Move and Attack) on your part. If you succeed, you locate your target's new position fast enough to move towards them, and, if you have enough move and attacks left, to attack them again. If you fail, you can finish your move if you want, but don't know where the enemy is right then, so can't attack them.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:39 PM   #3
Extrarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garion View Post
[...]Also, assume I know my target will probably blink when I swing at him,[...]
After reading Kelly Pedersen's reply, it became clear that this "blink" meant a specific variety of teleportation.
Before that, I initially read it with the meaning "blink their eyes", which immediately brought to mind Weeping Angels and "Don't Blink". Just imagine all the Evaluating the angels do as they stand there. Or, well, at least all the Evaluating they would do if they could only see you while they stand there.
Extrarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:58 PM   #4
Ze'Manel Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
Personally, I'd call for a Perception roll (at the usual -2 for actions taken during a Move and Attack) on your part. If you succeed, you locate your target's new position fast enough to move towards them, and, if you have enough move and attacks left, to attack them again. If you fail, you can finish your move if you want, but don't know where the enemy is right then, so can't attack them.
And if he Blinked outside of your vision arc, you wouldn't see him at all.