Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #21
HeatDeath

Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfleisher View Post
It says they are black in the perk notes.
Ohh. I didn't see that. I was in for 3 of each with gray. Black is even better. My Nightfall army (2x Mk V, 3x Mk III, 1x Mk IV, 1x Fencer A/B, and 8x HVY) just got substantially more apocalyptic!
Old 07-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #22
HeatDeath

Quote:
What am I going to do with 504 light tanks?
Kursk. Or Utah Beach. Maybe both. Simultaneously.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:02 PM   #23
TheAmishStig

Quote:
What am I going to do with 504 light tanks?
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...try to take over Paneurope!
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
Old 07-15-2019, 01:09 PM   #24
offsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
Ohh. I didn't see that. I was in for 3 of each with gray. Black is even better. My Nightfall army (2x Mk V, 3x Mk III, 1x Mk IV, 1x Fencer A/B, and 8x HVY) just got substantially more apocalyptic!
It only shows up when you click the perk. Another minor difference between KS and IGG, not no biggie. Now I just have to decide if 2 is enough or if I need 3... :)
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
Old 07-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #25
HeatDeath

Makes it all the easier to paint my Dopps up like Typhoon-class submarines.

"Gentlemen, I preshent to you, the Ballistic Missile Cybertank chassis Red October. My networked sub-AIs and I requesht ashylum, in the North American Combine."
Old 07-15-2019, 01:52 PM   #26
totalfailure

While the main issue is whether you should trust Steve Jackson Games or not, and based on track record you should. Kickstarter is however not the most trustworthy outfit out there, and indiegogo is a level of dirty beyond even that. If it was someone other than SJG level of reputation, indiegogo would be an auto ‘pass’ for me. So I’ll have to think it over.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:59 PM   #27
HeatDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalfailure View Post
While the main issue is whether you should trust Steve Jackson Games or not, and based on track record you should. Kickstarter is however not the most trustworthy outfit out there, and indiegogo is a level of dirty beyond even that. If it was someone other than SJG level of reputation, indiegogo would be an auto ‘pass’ for me. So I’ll have to think it over.
I've had a couple of KS campaigns get massively delayed, but I've never had the slightest problem with KS themselves. IGG seems like there's a little more room for trouble - they bill you right away and getting out of a campaign requires them to refund your money - I could see that process going south once in a while.

My question is, does SJG keep our money even if the campaign, G-d forbid, fails to fund, or do they refund us directly, or how does that work?
Old 07-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #28
Knockman

Interesting. I've only used IGG once - and it wasn't brilliant I have to be honest. That time, the interface wasn't as slick and easy to use as KS, so it made keeping up with project news or asking questions to the creator a tad awkward. Perhaps that has changed, I hope so.

Added to that, that other project has still yet to deliver the pledge rewards, and as the money has been spent, I doubt that now will ever happen. Of course, that is pertinent to that project creator, and Steve Jackson Games have a far better reputation based on their past projects.

Regardless of the crowdfunding platform, it's not a good time for me for having the free funds to participate, so I think I'm out, sadly. But I hope it succeeds and does really well.

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #29
Worldwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalfailure View Post
I'm rather confused about why SJG won't tell us why they went to Indiegogo. "We did it" doesn't answer "why we did it". It's conceivably possible that whatever the reason is might override my antipathy to Indiegogo, though it would have to be one heck of a reason.

IMO, it's not an issue of trust. I'd trust SJG with anything. If Steve came up to my booth at a convention and said "We've got a project going, it's all hush-hush, I can't tell you what it is, but do you want in?" I'd dump out the cash box. The problem isn't the company -- the problem is the platform.

I've had some bad experiences with Indiegogo. I do not want to give them a bent nickel of my money. Kickstarter has its issues, but Indiegogo has a subscription. My only voice is my wallet, as tiny a voice as it is. I'm hoping these minis will be on W23 in the future, even at a higher price. I'd rather pay more to SJG directly than less and have Indiegogo take even a sliver of it. This sucks, because I really really reallyreallyreally want them -- but not if the price of getting them means giving any of my money to Indiegogo.

Please, SJG, put these up on Warehouse 23 when they're available, or do something so your hardcore fans who are simultaneously not fans of Indiegogo can pay you without paying them!
Old 07-15-2019, 02:10 PM   #30
HeatDeath

It's probably as simple as it's a better deal to producers for small low-complexity projects.
Closed Thread