Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-30-2020, 12:16 AM   #11
corwyn

Default Re: All Holy Warriors should be Half-Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyScholar View Post
I personally hate many of the common stereotypes given to certain classes, whether D&D or any other system.

Where, while you could chose to have you Holy Warrior dumb as a box of hammers, naïve or dim, fine. Yet I don't like playing stupid characters, and whenever I've played Paladins I was often frustrated with the lack of skill access and would always at least give the character a 10 in Intelligence and Wisdom... When playing GURPS or Dungeon Fantasy, I'd have IQ be at least average as well. Even go for the character being a bit more aware or strategic minded.
One of the things I really like about DF over D&D is that playing a race against type can still really work. For instance, a half-ogre wizard/bard/cleric can be quite effective and their melee attack can be a great back-up plan. Not to mention the higher hp and heavy armour they can wear.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote