Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 05-27-2009, 08:28 AM   #11
Bruno

Default Re: Phoenix Wishlist

Continuing with random things that I finally remember to ask for!

In equipment again:

The option to list parent (container) items with their cost and weight only, and then the cost and weight of contained items like Usernotes are displayed (small text on the line underneath).

The option to list the cost and weight of multiple items as just the cost and weight of an individual item and then the cost/weight of the entire stack as a usernote (or vice versa).

Manually setting up the user notes is beginning to drive me slightly crazy.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #12
tmedwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
The option to list parent (container) items with their cost and weight only, and then the cost and weight of contained items like Usernotes are displayed (small text on the line underneath).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
The option to list the cost and weight of multiple items as just the cost and weight of an individual item and then the cost/weight of the entire stack as a usernote (or vice versa).
I can't promise that I'll be able to implement these exactly as you're envisioning them, but I should be able to get somewhat close to the mark. I'll go ahead give them some thought.

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #13
tmedwards

Alright, I've got these more or less done. The main cost and weight column entries were left as-is. Enabling the option will add one or two new description style entries similar to this example (png), obviously you'll only see the "Contents" entry if the item is a Parent item with Children--I haven't decided whether or not to do something similar for Packages.

Satisfactory?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #14
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmedwards View Post
Alright, I've got these more or less done. The main cost and weight column entries were left as-is. Enabling the option will add one or two new description style entries similar to this example (png), obviously you'll only see the "Contents" entry if the item is a Parent item with Children--I haven't decided whether or not to do something similar for Packages.

Satisfactory?
That looks great! Thanks, that's fabulous.

If you can't tell, I'm one of those obsessive packers. I'm like this IRL too - it makes vacationing a bit expensive as I almost always have to pay for extra luggage.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #15
SKY6A

I just purchased the GCA today and then discovered Phoenix. Wow! VERY cool! GCA with Phoenix is by far the best GURPS accessory I have ever seen, and I am profoundly grateful for all the work that has gone into it.

I just have one request: would it be possible to put the HP and FP tracks in a separate block so that they could be displayed somewhere other than the first page? As far as I can tell, this is presently not possible, and I would really like to keep all the combat stuff --including the HP and FP tracks--together...just not on the first page. As it is, I think the only two options are (1) devote the first page to combat (as in the Dai Blackthorn example on the Phoenix webpage) or (2) display the HP and FP tracks on a separate page from the rest of the combat stuff--neither of which is ideally the way I would like to do it. If I could devote the first page to non-combat stuff and another page to the combat stuff, that would be perfect!

Either way, though, thanks again for all the work!
SKY6A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #16
tmedwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKY6A View Post
I just have one request: would it be possible to put the HP and FP tracks in a separate block so that they could be displayed somewhere other than the first page?
I'm involved with other projects at the moment, but I'll make a note to look into this for you. Without checking to confirm if I have any slots in the positioning list available, my off-the-cuff response is, yes, I should be able do that. I'll let you know for sure when I have time to look at it.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:12 AM   #17
tmedwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKY6A View Post
I just have one request: would it be possible to put the HP and FP tracks in a separate block so that they could be displayed somewhere other than the first page?
Getting back to this now that I have a minute.

After checking, yes, there are a few slots left in the positioning system, so this is doable. I'll have it done for the next release.

Tags
gca, phoenix