Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-12-2014, 12:04 PM   #3291
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Good point. You know...thinking about it, it's not likely. People take on aliases all of the time. Until I recieve proof of otherwise, I'm going to assume it's an alias. But it wouldn't hurt to let the Japanese Ethereals know a Demon is taking on one of their names."

She looks down at the sleeping Demon

"I wonder what his Role is. It couldn't have been easy to whip those guys into such a frenzy, even with his Resonances. There was a reason they started to listen to him...Corat, can you get his wallet without being obvious or waking him up?"
Mitch has pulled out a small notepad and is carefully recording the demon's sleeping mutterings. Looking up he asks "Do we know this demons name and who he works for? Nightmares I assume, but it seems that Fate may have a hand in this." He thinks back for a moment "Were Fate demons involved in any of our previous...adventures?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:59 AM   #3292
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch has pulled out a small notepad and is carefully recording the demon's sleeping mutterings. Looking up he asks "Do we know this demons name and who he works for? Nightmares I assume, but it seems that Fate may have a hand in this." He thinks back for a moment "Were Fate demons involved in any of our previous...adventures?"
Sunae shrugs.

"Fate probably does have a hand in this, but not overtly. He accused us of Serving either Fate or Dark Humor."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:12 PM   #3293
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
"Do we know this demons name and who he works for? Nightmares I assume, but it seems that Fate may have a hand in this." He thinks back for a moment "Were Fate demons involved in any of our previous...adventures?"
Quote:
Sunae shrugs.

"Fate probably does have a hand in this, but not overtly. He accused us of Serving either Fate or Dark Humor."
Corat is puzzling over this. "Fate? The only connection we have to Fate is sorcery--a couple of dead sorcerers and three live ones. So far, as far as Fate knows, we haven't saved any of their souls so I don't think that's it. And Dark Humor--sure, he's probably ticked off that we killed Pepito, but I don't see anything funny in all this. Ironic, maybe, that someone stopped a demon masquerading as an angel from torching an ethereal castle with angelic ties." He starts to move, almost like doing martial arts forms, circles within circles punctuated by strikes. "So they bring pictures of chalices and angels, but they bring them to the wrong place," he acknowledges Sunae," to protest against a lord who--demons know he's close friends with a Saint, but an average protestor would not. Tipping their hands that they are in fact demons." He's moving more fluidly now, though in a land steeped in martial arts this might not be drawing much attention. "A demon who didn't descend to get away from us, but simply trusted he'd get lost in a crowd. A demon who's avoiding Hell. Hell, which just made a very direct attack on a very well known Heavenly tether. A demon of Nightmares who's avoiding Hell, who's wondering whether he should ask the ethereal Misrule for advice."

He's surprised at the answer. "This was an Ethereal attack against an Ethereal tether. Demons were just the weapons."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 11-13-2014 at 03:13 PM. Reason: and in conclusion...
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:24 AM   #3294
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
He's surprised at the answer. "This was an Ethereal attack against an Ethereal tether. Demons were just the weapons."
"So what do we do?"
Old 11-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #3295
Dalillama

Quote:
"So what do we do?"
"First, we take this little bastard somewhere quiet and interrogate him. Then we shove him in a crate, stencil some wards on the outside, and ship him back to the shop; I've got uses for something like him. After that, based on the information we get out of him, you burly types will go find someone sort of responsible and kill them brutally, and I'll pick up some useful knowledge and maybe a few new toys."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #3296
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"First, we take this little bastard somewhere quiet and interrogate him. Then we shove him in a crate, stencil some wards on the outside, and ship him back to the shop; I've got uses for something like him. After that, based on the information we get out of him, you burly types will go find someone sort of responsible and kill them brutally, and I'll pick up some useful knowledge and maybe a few new toys."
Corat watches Glen with something somewhere between a warrior's approval and a good man's disappointment. Cynically he settles for muttering "humanity" and wondering where his young friend is, and how he's justifying his absence.
Quote:
"I wonder what his Role is. It couldn't have been easy to whip those guys into such a frenzy, even with his Resonances. There was a reason they started to listen to him...Corat, can you get his wallet without being obvious or waking him up?"
Quote:
"Bakuyaaaaaa," he whines softly, "Let's go to the partyyyyyy. Misrule will know how to fix this. Not my fault there were...hey."
He then leans over to the demon's sleeping face, sliding a practiced hand into his pocket and relieving the demon of his wallet. "Yeah," he says co-conspiratorially, "ask Misrule. He'll know. Better him than that other guy."

"Yeah," he answers, "better him than the Loa. Don't even say names--you don't want his attention."

((Yeah, you're right. Raiden is his friend in the dreams, I haven't revealed this guy's name yet))

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 11-15-2014 at 12:22 AM. Reason: oops
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:57 PM   #3297
ladyarcana55

Quote:
He then leans over to Raiden's sleeping face, sliding a practiced hand into his pocket and relieving the demon of his wallet. "Yeah," he says co-conspiratorially, "ask Misrule. He'll know. Better him than that other guy."

"Yeah," Raiden answers, "better him than the Loa. Don't even say names--you don't want his attention."
Sunae takes the wallet from Corat and starts to rifle through it. She will keep his ID but nothing else.

"Interesting..."

((OOC: Raiden? I thought this guy accused Raiden of squealing?))
Old 11-15-2014, 12:24 AM   #3298
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae takes the wallet from Corat and starts to rifle through it. She will keep his ID but nothing else.

"Interesting..."

((OOC: Raiden? I thought this guy accused Raiden of squealing?))
To the untrained eye it's just a standard Japanese ID, but to Sunae the katakana name screams 'foreigner'. Also inside his wallet is a passkey card for a local Pachinko joint, where apparently he works.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:13 AM   #3299
ladyarcana55

Quote:
To the untrained eye it's just a standard Japanese ID, but to Sunae the katakana name screams 'foreigner'. Also inside his wallet is a passkey card for a local Pachinko joint, where apparently he works.
She smiles and shows them the keycard

"Now we know where he works. But this ID...it's a foreigner's ID. So his Role isn't from Japan."

He hands Mitch the ID so he can copy it down and then he gives Corat the wallet, minus the key card.

"Let's put it back for now so we don't rouse suspicion"
Old 11-15-2014, 03:16 AM   #3300
Dalillama

Quote:
She smiles and shows them the keycard

"Now we know where he works. But this ID...it's a foreigner's ID. So his Role isn't from Japan."
"Good, less likely that anyone local will notice, or care, that he's missing."
Quote:
He hands Mitch the ID so he can copy it down and then he gives Corat the wallet, minus the key card.

"Let's put it back for now so we don't rouse suspicion"
"More than we already have by frisking him?"
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine