Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 05-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Eben

Default Munchkin App and the Coin rules

Has there been any thought to adding the Coin rules to the Munchkin App? Or a link to the rules?
Eben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
mlvalentine

Default Re: Munchkin App and the Coin rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eben View Post
Has there been any thought to adding the Coin rules to the Munchkin App? Or a link to the rules?
At this time, we are not updating the apps with new information. Every time a change is made to an app, it's considered a new version, and that triggers a re-approval process.

So, if we want to add something as simple as a link, we have to go through a lot of hoops.

It's a good idea, though, and one I'll mark down for future discussions!

- M
Old 05-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
Mister Ed

Personally, I think it would be nice, at least once a year ends, if the coin rules for that year could be compiled into a single PDF that you could download and print, rather than having to look through the coin rule archive on the site. But obviously somebody would have to take time out of their busy schedule to do that, and I can't imagine it would be a priority.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Mister Negative

Well, to avoid going through the approval process every month (which would be a bear), it would be possible for the appto have a Munchkin Coin section which would allow the user to select which coins they have.

Then the user could just select "See Rules" and it would load the rules for just those coins, just on the current month. This would mean that the user wouldn't be able to browse rules for other coins or other months (and also wouldn't have any access to rules when without a signal), but SJGames wouldn't have to upload new information to the app each month.

Personally, I'd even prefer having the app only show rules for the coins I have, on the current month, instead of my current method (access the coin rules webpage and scroll like a maniac).

Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Mister Negative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Negative View Post
Well, to avoid going through the approval process every month (which would be a bear), it would be possible for the appto have a Munchkin Coin section which would allow the user to select which coins they have.

Then the user could just select "See Rules" and it would load the rules for just those coins, just on the current month. This would mean that the user wouldn't be able to browse rules for other coins or other months (and also wouldn't have any access to rules when without a signal), but SJGames wouldn't have to upload new information to the app each month.

Personally, I'd even prefer having the app only show rules for the coins I have, on the current month, instead of my current method (access the coin rules webpage and scroll like a maniac).
That's what I assumed was meant by 'add something as simple as a link' which is what you are proposing. Even doing it once requires a lot of hoops to be jumped through.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote