Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
Mr_Risotto

Default Pairing Different Munchkin-games

Hi, I'm wondering, is it possible to add different munchkin-games to eachother, without having to apply special rules (eg. neutral Munchkin + Munchkin Bites)?

And if no, what do we/I need to do to make them compatible with eachother?

Thanks.
Mr_Risotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
Jarlaxle

Default Re: Pairing Different Munchkin-games

You can combine any and all sets of the card game. Credits = gold. Steeds = vehichles. Hirelings = sidekicks = mooks = minions. Otherwise not much changes from game to game except you can only sacrifice hirelings instead of running if a certain set (need for steed i believe) is included.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
Hiro Protagonist

The Good the Bad and the Munchkin + Star Munchkin = Firefly Munchkin

Munchkin Impossible + Munchkin Fu = Special Agent Bruce Lee Munchkin
Hiro Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Risotto View Post
Hi, I'm wondering, is it possible to add different munchkin-games to eachother, without having to apply special rules (eg. neutral Munchkin + Munchkin Bites)?

And if no, what do we/I need to do to make them compatible with eachother?

Thanks.
Every Munchkin game except the original comes with rules or hints on how to blend that particular game with the others. All those games have their rules available online on their individual web pages, too.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #5
capnq

This thread has a list of all the possible two-set combinations, with thematic names for many of them.

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. -- Mark Twain
capnq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:29 PM   #6
ciamagicman

Hello,
Please pas this on to all gamers who play Munchkin!!
I had a great find today! I'm so excited! Iv'e been hunting for a long time!
for Munchkin card game
go buy from Staples store 2 of the:
10 piece drawer organizer from staples!
UPC # 7739368916
These are interlocking and perfect size for the whole deck of regular Munchkin, with discard areas and even the dungeon cards game with all the expansions. This way you can just pass the tray to who ever turn it is for big games! Even work as a dice holder or area to roll in with out disturbing the board game.
ciamagicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #7
archeantus

I have impossible and cthuhlu (with both expansions, cant wait for more), and once I get the blender (everyone seems to be out of stock) I can't wait to combine them. I feel that the guns, overall style, and other elements will work well and make a very interesting game.

BEHOLD!

CTHUHLU IMPOSSIBLE MUNCHKIN!

put a cthuhlu bumper sticker on your spy car, or maybe kill Loggoth with a bazooka AKA the "Lovetap 2000"

hot dog!
archeantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #8
Kupovski

Hi!

I'm quite new to munchkin and as I understand u can combine every base set with each other just to make the game even more insane. But is it possible to like combine Fantasy + Fantasy 7 (more good cards) + cthulhu + cthulhu 2?

I know that Munchkin is sort of a "Owner of the game decides the limits"-game, but does that combination work or is it only possible to combine 2 or more base sets with each other?

And IF it's possible to combine more then 2 base sets (and hopefully different expansions to them), wouldnt it be possible to like expand the recommended max. players to like 8 or 10? Since with more base sets you get more class/race cards. The only thing is that when you encounter a monster it would be even harder to survive since you have like 1-3 more enemies to sabotage your fight.

//An excited (and sorf of insane) Munchkin player
Kupovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #9
aeronaut

The "classic" good pairing is to combine Cthulhu with Bites, since Cthulhu has classes but no races*, and Bites has races but no classes. That way you can be a Vampire Monster Whacker, or a Werewolf Professor, or a Changeling Cultist. There are other synergies as well, and the combination of the goth feel of Bites and Lovecraftian feel of Cthulhu blend nicely. And of course, when bats and goths come together, it's a monster party.

But it's munchkin, and you can do whatever you like with the cards you buy. You want to blend Supers and Pirates, powers to ya, matey.

Regards,
aeronaut

*The "Monstrous Heritage" card can count as a race, but it's a rare card.

Last edited by aeronaut; 07-26-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: fnord
aeronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #10
MIB 9966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupovski View Post
And IF it's possible to combine more then 2 base sets (and hopefully different expansions to them), wouldnt it be possible to like expand the recommended max. players to like 8 or 10? Since with more base sets you get more class/race cards. The only thing is that when you encounter a monster it would be even harder to survive since you have like 1-3 more enemies to sabotage your fight.
Blending mixed sets with their expansions is fine as there would just be some additional cards to go through, and a full blender set (with everything ever made thrown in) is a bit clumsy at first for players unfamiliar with all of the sets need to be aware of each set's additional rules, but isn't too bad (I've done this locally at Lunacon the past few years).

As for increasing the max number of players, yes you can increase the number of players, but the playing time increases a lot, and unless people are prepared to play for an extra hour or two, I'd split up the group to no more than 6 players max. On the other hand, if a 4-5 hour game is okay for your group, then go for it!
MIB 9966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
munchkin, pairing games, special rules