Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-14-2010, 02:02 AM   #1
DoomDoomDoom

Default Sole Survivor [Cthulhu]

Hey forums, nice to see ya. Got a question which I'd like a definite answer to and might be of use for others (couldn't find it in a search).

The Sole Survivor from the Munchkin Cthulhu core set is a Go Up a Level card which reads the following:

Quote:
If you play this card immediately after you participate in a combat in which the other Munchkin gets Bad Stuff and you don't, go up TWO levels.
Which made me think: If a player is on level 8, and since you are not gaining the winning level through combat, would one be able to gain the winning level through this method?

It reminds me of the card Quest In The Depths Of Time And Space from Super Munchkin 2 to where you gain two levels, but it is stated on the card that it cannot give you the winning level. May I have a ruling on this please? :)
DoomDoomDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:24 AM   #2
MIB2826

Default Re: Sole Survivor [Cthulhu]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDoomDoom View Post
Hey forums, nice to see ya. Got a question which I'd like a definite answer to and might be of use for others (couldn't find it in a search).

The Sole Survivor from the Munchkin Cthulhu core set is a Go Up a Level card which reads the following:

Which made me think: If a player is on level 8, and since you are not gaining the winning level through combat, would one be able to gain the winning level through this method?

It reminds me of the card Quest In The Depths Of Time And Space from Super Munchkin 2 to where you gain two levels, but it is stated on the card that it cannot give you the winning level. May I have a ruling on this please? :)

You cannot use this card to win the game.

Sole Survivor is a Go Up A Level card which conditionally gives you two levels instead of one. And you cannot win the game through a GUAL.
MIB2826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:30 AM   #3
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDoomDoom View Post
The key phrase is this: "[I]t is stated on the card[.]" If it is not stated on the card that it can give you the winning level, then you can't get the winning Level from the use of the card.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
DoomDoomDoom

That's what I thought, just wanted some clarity in case someone wanted to try and push buttons. Thanks guys.
DoomDoomDoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cthulhu, munchkin, sole survivor, two levels, winning level