Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-16-2018, 01:54 AM   #321
Phantasm

Default Re: [SUPERS] My Unofficial Handbook to the DC Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKatzen View Post
I just want a highly accurate Silver Age Superman for GURPS, lol.
So, enough ST to shape an Earth-sized planet into a cube, and enough DR to contain a nuclear explosion by sitting on it? o.O

And let's not forget Super-Baking and Super-Computing - able to perform mathematical operations on a chalk board as fast as the computers of the day. (Okay, that last one was an '80s deal, being "as fast as a TRS-80", but still....)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:15 AM   #322
Otaku

Quote:
I just want a highly accurate Silver Age Superman for GURPS, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
So, enough ST to shape an Earth-sized planet into a cube, and enough DR to contain a nuclear explosion by sitting on it? o.O

And let's not forget Super-Baking and Super-Computing - able to perform mathematical operations on a chalk board as fast as the computers of the day. (Okay, that last one was an '80s deal, being "as fast as a TRS-80", but still....)
We need to convince SJ Games to sponsor Death Battle, then; they're probably 3/4ths of the way to having this all worked out. ;)
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:33 PM   #323
Darkhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
Anti-Villain: Lady Shiva
Alias: Sandra Wu-San, Sandra Woosan, San Da Wu-San

Allies and Affiliations: Richard Dragon, David Cain, League of Assassins

San Da Wu-San was born to ethnically Chinese parents in Myanmar. She studied martial arts her whole life, competing in Lethwei tournaments and putting on exhibitions with her twin sister, Caelan

David Cain saw one of these exhibitions and immediately noted Wu-San's incredible potential and also that she was constantly holding herself back for the sake of her sister. He thought that she would be able to help him in his quest to create a perfect living weapon (see Batgirl's origin story), so he murdered Caelan.

Vowing revenge, San Da studied Dragon Kung Fu from Richard Dragon and Te from The Sensai. She surpassed both of her teachers, becoming the greatest fighter who has ever lived.

When she finally found David Cain, she defeated him with ease. But before she could kill him, he convinced her that he had been right--the death of Caelan did unlock her true potential. She forgave him and set about on an unending quest to perfect the art of violence, taking the name Lady Shiva after the Hindu god associated with destruction.

Lady Shiva now works for the League of Assassins, but she cares little about their goals. She is obsessed with being the best martial artist, so she will frequently seek out the world's greatest fighters and challenge them to single combat--often to the death.

She's more amoral than immoral, and can sometimes be convinced to train a promising fighter. She taught Tim Drake how to fight with a staff, and has recently taken an interest in training Black Canary, who she thinks could be a fighter comparable to herself, if only she would abandon the moral compunctions that hold her back.

In addition to her prodigious fighting skills, Lady Shiva has an ability to read her opponents body language surpassed only by her daughter, Cassandra Cain. She also knows a deadly pressure point attack known as "The Leopard Fist" that is almost always fatal, but she rarely uses it before she's had a chance to gauge the full measure of an opponents abilities.

Notes: The Leopard Fist is a single strike, resolved as a Combination of two Committed Strong Pressure Secrets Strikes to the Vitals. Think of this as similar to a "stab and twist" type of rapid strike. It does 1d+3 Impaling, twice. With the X3 wounding modifier for an impaling strike to the vitals, this is a Minimum of 24 points of damage if both parts hit successfully.
Where I can find unarmed combat talent?
Darkhol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #324
VonKatzen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanny View Post
Silver Supes probably has Injury Tolerance (Powers 52) but with the 1/1000 divisor suggested on page 115. Is that enough to stop a nuke?
Depending on the comic you go by, his power is probably better defined as True Invulnerability, with some exception where sufficiently powerful attacks do Fatigue Point damage and Magic/Kryptonite vulnerability. He can also move entire galaxies with his bare hands (Lifting ST Elevendy Godzillian). It's pretty insane. His flight speed is also nonsensically high. He can cross the Universe in minutes, or fly through dimensions and outside the multiverse. Of course he can also time travel at will (with restrictions on how he affects things in the past). Most of his powers would have the Cosmic modifier just for the heck of it.

SA Superman, even at his less insane levels, is basically not worth point statting. If he needs to lift, outpace or tank anything he basically can, and he only fails for convenience of the writer. He's got Plot powers. Even the stuff that 'hurts' him or whatever basically does nothing to him. He never bleeds. He is temporarily disabled or KO'd, with no long-term ill effects whatsoever. He's easily the greatest super-scientist in the Silver Age DC-verse. He can build cars with all of his powers (including his invulnerability). He can use 'Scrounging' to build advanced spacecraft without his powers. He also made a cigar that gives people all of his powers when smoked. Superman would have just about every cinematic wild card skill you can imagine, from Science! on. He also learns extinct languages perfectly within minutes of exposure. He can see into other galaxies in real time. He can hear in space. He's basically impossible to stat even in Mayfair's Bronze Age themed RPG made specifically for DC.

The other versions of Superman are far less insane, but still pretty well insane. Multiples of the Earth's mass would be his 'Basic Lift'.

Last edited by VonKatzen; 03-19-2018 at 03:15 PM.
VonKatzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #325
Drakyrias

Quote:

This was literally the reason in my DC-Marvel mashup game I explicitly said that the last son of Krypton would never appear in my games
Drakyrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:35 PM   #326
Culture20

Quote:
IIRC, that was Supergirl in a Library versus the kids with their TRS-80, modem, and BBS. A very clever bit of marketing, that comic.
Culture20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:28 PM   #327
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture20 View Post
IIRC, that was Supergirl in a Library versus the kids with their TRS-80, modem, and BBS. A very clever bit of marketing, that comic.
I had to look it up on superdickery.... That's Kal, not Kara.

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:52 PM   #328
VonKatzen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakyrias View Post
This was literally the reason in my DC-Marvel mashup game I explicitly said that the last son of Krypton would never appear in my games
Haha, when I did a DC-Marvel Mashup for DC Heroes/Mutants & Masterminds 3e I explicitly put a moderate (for Silver Age) Superman in with all of those powers. He was PL100, compared to most of the Avengers' League, which was around PL16-20. I also made it Legion of Super-Heroes Silver Age Darkseid-Thanos combo, though, who was even more powerful.
VonKatzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:29 PM   #329
Phantasm

Quote:
Haha, when I did a DC-Marvel Mashup for DC Heroes/Mutants & Masterminds 3e I explicitly put a moderate (for Silver Age) Superman in with all of those powers. He was PL100, compared to most of the Avengers' League, which was around PL16-20. I also made it Legion of Super-Heroes Silver Age Darkseid-Thanos combo, though, who was even more powerful.
Heh. My last Marvel/DC-mashup game had Rick Jones as host for the Spectre; I never did get around to statting him up. :]

Old 12-14-2018, 04:26 PM   #330
216ann

Say, I was wondering if any one knew of a DC Universe handbook for GURPs 4e like aesir23 had in mind that is similar to the Marvel one.
Also, I am interested in all sources of stats for any characters like TV series or Movies or comics, etc whether netbook or otherwise.
Doesn't have to be supers or sci fi.
Please PM me if to send links. Thanks.
216ann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, dc comics, phantasm, superman, supers, vonkatzen