Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
Fridge Logic Magnet

Default Future of DFRPG now that SJ has TFT back....

so this has become a mild concern among my group and I think this thread belongs in this Forum (not general RPG) since its focus is strongly on the direction of the possible fate of DFRPG and all players of that game have a stake in this discussion (and probably don't look at the general forum)

although several of us are experienced GURPS grognards, overall we like how DFRPG has streamlined things for this genre and we're looking forward to future development and support...(even if its just porting over things from DF)

Recently SJ did the impossible and got The Fantasy Trip rights back. (a GURPS and thus DFRPG precursor game from 80's for those only acquainted w/ DFRPG)

I was thrilled to hear this of course and I loved the game our old GM David ran for us way back when..(had a Lizard Man w/ a crossbow, eating his way through the dungeon denizens..)

Lots of talk about reprinting and make the game available again going on in the General RPG forum...great

..except is this going to drain focus away from DFRPG ? we all know how limited SJ games resources are for how many game they can focus on at once (and remember how the Ogre reprint meant no new GURPS for awhile)

And TFT has a lot..(A LOT) in common w/ DFRPG... is the company up for supporting 2 dungeon bashing games? is it competing w/ itself ?

I feel like the 1 year old puppy now that the 3 month old kitten has arrived in the house.
Fridge Logic Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote