Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 11:05 AM   #211
Refplace

Default Re: The 2019 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread

Todays release (so far) is Floor Plans 4: Mall of the Dead. Also a few days ago The Fantasy Trip Companion may have been released. Shows up under New Releases but the link does not work so not sure if its really available. Not in the W23 store under new items either so maybe its just referring to the kickstarter.
Hoping for a GURPS item today so I can get the Index/Art section update under the forum word count.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 07-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #212
Michael Thayne

It really feels like we're overdue for the Monster Hunters Power-Ups item. What are the chances that also releases today?
Old 07-11-2019, 12:19 PM   #213
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
It really feels like we're overdue for the Monster Hunters Power-Ups item. What are the chances that also releases today?
Sadly I think low, it appears to be the pattern that the GURPS release is on the 3rd Thursday of the month so probably next week. But that will get that update section under the forum count so I can start updating the rumors again. Or I might just cut some out, done it before.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 07-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #214
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
I feel like Template Toolkit 2: Races is further along in the production queue, but we’ll see. Back in February, Kromm suggested that we’d be back to two releases per month by late 2019; I hope that’s still so.

I’m also hankering for the Kickstarter of Gaming Ballistic’s The Dragons of Rosgarth; I played in a preview/demo at FnordCon, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #215
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
I feel like Template Toolkit 2: Races is further along in the production queue, but we’ll see. Back in February, Kromm suggested that we’d be back to two releases per month by late 2019; I hope that’s still so.

I’m also hankering for the Kickstarter of Gaming Ballistic’s The Dragons of Rosgarth; I played in a preview/demo at FnordCon, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Monster Hunters: Power Ups was announced for a July release but both it and Template Toolkit 2: Races have their art and such so are very close to being done.
I trimmed a lot of the rumors so it would all fit and jut updated the first rumor entry.
We have Citadel at Nordvorn as pending because as far as I know only the kickstarter backers have their copies. I think it will be available in August when physical copies arrive to more people.
Pyramid Dungeon Collection was supposed to be an April release, not sure whats the holdup there.
And Kromm's unnamed writing project is also getting art. That may or may not be a kickstarter release.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 07-11-2019, 02:03 PM   #216
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Monster Hunters: Power Ups was announced for a July release
Actually, it was "looking strong for July," which sounds somewhat less than an announcement though more than merely a wish. A justified hope?

Quote:
And Kromm's unnamed writing project is also getting art. That may or may not be a kickstarter release.
Given the evidence we've seen, it seems far more likely than not.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #217
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
Actually, it was "looking strong for July," which sounds somewhat less than an announcement though more than merely a wish. A justified hope?

Given the evidence we've seen, it seems far more likely than not.
Power-Ups got its art before Template Toolkit so I expect that to be the order.
Agreed on the Kickstarter, though seems odd that its not only written but has art before the kickstarter is even announced. So this might be an entirely separate item.

Andwe have our first Classic release of the year! GURPS Classic: Supers

Edit: Also we havent heard anything on David Pulvers two GURPS items in quite some time, might be tied up behind his TFT Adventures
My GURPS Wiki entries

Last edited by Refplace; 07-11-2019 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:40 PM   #218
Paulon

We also got a GURPS Classic today - two very different printings of 2nd Edition Supers in one purchase. The Fourth Printing is fully digital, while the Fifth Printing is scanned.
Neither includes the errata, a feature I miss from the earliest e23 releases, but something that's easily rectified if you have PDF editing software.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:58 PM   #219
Michael Thayne

I wouldn't expect a Kickstarter project to be "getting art" before the Kickstarter is announced—isn't part of the point of a Kickstarter project to determine whether there's enough demand to justify splurging on art?
Old 07-11-2019, 05:03 PM   #220
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Power-Ups got its art before Template Toolkit so I expect that to be the order.
True, but Toolkit was on an expedited review/layout schedule, such that (per Bill Stoddard's blog), his final edits had to fit into the existing layout. But, in any case, it sounds like we should see both of them soon. Dare we hope for both July 18 and 25?

Quote:
Agreed on the Kickstarter, though seems odd that its not only written but has art before the kickstarter is even announced. So this might be an entirely separate item.
DFRPG Monsters 2 had extensive work done before the Kickstarter, too, looking at economics and possible page-count stretch-goals.

Quote:
Edit: Also we havent heard anything on David Pulvers two GURPS items in quite some time, might be tied up behind his TFT Adventures
I'm highly curious about those, too — along with the long rough draft that Steve Jackson has been evaluating!
Closed Thread