Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 05-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
nar55555

Default Dead Munchkin and Monster Movement

When you die, you tip over your character and they stay there until the start of your next turn, which then has you in the entrance.

Do monsters of your base color still react to your dead character by stopping and not leaving the room?

Munchkin stuff: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ZUCvPIc6Y/edit

MiB #9933
nar55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Dead Munchkin and Monster Movement

I can't see a reason to leave your body where it is unless there's a way to resurrect it, or there are cards which can affect one's corpse. I don't intend to do a search right now for such cards, but I'm split. In one sense: Once you're dead, Monsters won't bother with you to do Bad Stuff when you're running away, so why would a Monster stop to drool over your corpse. At the same time, there's no other specific rules point which says they don't. . . And, since I can't reach Andrew for a conference, that puts us in a bit of a pickle, for the moment. . .
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
nar55555

Awesome... well, I'll wait and see what you all decide on. I sorta assumed they would stop at your corpse because they are, in essence guarding to make sure you don't wake up and grab your stuff. From a player perspective, that would kinda suck because they might have moved on and made it easier to loot your own body. Anyway, I'll wait to see what you all come up with, and thanks for the thought and effort.

...also, I saw that Andrew was out for a bit, so when I find out, I find out. I'm just trying to make sure I am as clear as possible on all of these things for my demo on Wednesday.

Munchkin stuff: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ZUCvPIc6Y/edit

MiB #9933

Last edited by nar55555; 05-27-2012 at 08:39 AM.
nar55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
The Big Boo

I had this same quesion,

I occurs to me that this game has alot of mechanics that stop monsters clumping together, and the idea of a monster stopping in a room with it's targat was another one of these mechanics.

So I have been playing it that they DO still stop in a room with a target corpse in it.
The Big Boo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monster movement