Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Clipper

Default Munchkin Quest Flowcharts

I had some more spare time, recently, and the result is a set of Munchkin Quest Flowcharts in the same style as my Munchkin Flowcharts.

These could be useful if you are confused by something in the rules, or often forget a minor step, such as drawing a DxM when Exploring a Room.

These are not officially reviewed, so don't use them as fact, but I'm fairly confident with the result. If I have missed something or you find any errors, please let me know and I will correct them at my earliest opportunity.

Any comments for improvement are also welcome.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
Quaff_fu

Default Re: Munchkin Quest Flowcharts

Looks great.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
Clipper

Just made a slight change. I noticed that the Where'd Those Monsters Go? section in the online version of the rules is different to my printed version in that it now says only the current player's pawn counts for continuing the combat (so not the Helper's). I've fixed that up and also made it so that combat clean-up still happens in that case.

Also made a few cosmetic changes like adding text to the options on the large decision points within Movement and Combat.

Edit: Made another change (v0.4 now) to add some background boxes to highlight certain key stages of some of the bigger flowcharts, so you can easily find where Searching or Running Away are and so on.

Edit 2: Made another change (v0.5) due to this thread. It is clarified there that Warrior Helpers cannot use their power to win ties. This kind of surprises me, but the wording is clear, so I've updated the Warrior part of the combat section to comply.

Last edited by Clipper; 08-06-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
MIB 9966

Sadly, this reflects the trouble I had trying to make a flowchart for the gameplay (even without the special cases that you inserted, just the generic gameplay itself). It also ran to 3 pages and scared off a lot of people, so it was decided not to release it after all.

The game just requires too many possibilities to boil down easily. I do hope people find it helpful! :)
MIB 9966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Clipper

I'm actually surprised I managed to fit it on 3 pages after reading some of the older threads where the other attempts were mentioned. Given my style of trying to include every rule related to the flow of the game, along with a few of the common misconceptions, I thought there was no way I could fit it all in.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #6
Clipper

Just made a big change in v0.6 as I realised I had messed up Automatic Monsters. This required a lot of restructuring, but I've now got that correctly handled so it is only allowed when moving between rooms.

Edit: And v0.7 is out, with a minor rearrangement of Move Monster to handle the Sun Room as well as the Entrance and a recolouring of an arrow on page 2 as I noticed that the Looking for Trouble rules provide an any time period between resolution of Traps and drawing the replacement monster.

Last edited by Clipper; 08-08-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote