Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-15-2021, 10:59 PM   #121
PumpkinLorica

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Gathika grabs the sleeve of Telriths robe:

Comrade Telrith, yesterday night I mentioned I wanted to talk to you.

The spirits are telling me to team up with you, Telrith. They tell me to ride the back of one of your earth elementals; they can take the front while I heal from their back, aiding of you in battle with my holy powers. If you put a little basket or platform for me on the back of an elemental we will achieve the results the spirits foresaw. Any hits from the front will be absorbed by the elemental, which I could heal as well.
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:16 AM   #122
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Goblin Waters" might just refer to the foe the first people who came here met. Those little dart blowers we ran into didn't seem much like goblins to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
Gathika grabs the sleeve of Telriths robe:

Comrade Telrith, yesterday night I mentioned I wanted to talk to you.

The spirits are telling me to team up with you, Telrith. They tell me to ride the back of one of your earth elementals; they can take the front while I heal from their back, aiding of you in battle with my holy powers. If you put a little basket or platform for me on the back of an elemental we will achieve the results the spirits foresaw. Any hits from the front will be absorbed by the elemental, which I could heal as well.

Telrith looks the cat up and down:

"Just how much do you weigh? They're stronger than me, but even an earth servant is only about twice as strong* as a man off the street..."

Lifting ST 14.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:36 AM   #123
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Telrith summons a talking rock and an earth servant today (again).

He names the earth servant, who is rather wetter than normal, Mudman and the Talking rock Stonemaul, hoping this will inspire the talking rock in combat. He makes sure to assure stonemaul that most foes won't be able to hurt him, but they will be really quick, and so to really just focus on hitting them.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 04-19-2021, 07:42 PM   #124
Hide

Having discussed about using smoke to lower the numbers of enemies in The Caves, Bain proceeds to gather the wood and other materials for the fire, as it’s been already pointed by Vicious.

He asks Vicious about the best location to setup the camp and the best spot to set up the fire (so the smoke invades most of the caves or all of them). And suggests to get everything (earlier) ready so the party can take action at dawn.

Since he already has scouted the area, Bain volunteers to take watch at night. He will be having dinner and taking a nap (in his usual “ready for battle position) after the preparations are ready.

Bain also asks Gathika to check the goblin waters for harmful substances and checks with Telrith whether he will be able to block the flow of water from The Caves and make the ramp to get to “cave number 2”.

Finally, he listens to the party and before going to bed Bain says:

Whatever happens don’t split the party. If the enemy takes action, it’s best to face their numbers together.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:34 PM   #125
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Bain also asks Gathika to check the goblin waters for harmful substances and checks with Telrith whether he will be able to block the flow of water from The Caves and make the ramp to get to “cave number 2”.
The cave opening designated as "number 2" is surrounded by niches cut into the rock, each of which holds a severed head. Some are human, some are elven, some are dwarven, a few look like extremely ugly humans, and others are orcish. Only one of the niches, just right of a door further in, is currently empty. A faded message in rain-washed chalk has been scrawled on the floor leading up to the opening. There is no sign or sound of life coming from the cave.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:57 AM   #126
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

what language is the chalk inscription in? can we read it?

Old 04-20-2021, 07:58 AM   #127
PumpkinLorica

Gathika will cast Detect Poison (SL 14) on the goblin waters to find harmful substances. Then she will use Gift of Letters (SL 13) to read the message at cave 2; she also wonders if the skull from the last battle resembles the ones at the entrance. Finally she will use recover energy (SL 15) to get ther mana back.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:17 AM   #128
vicious Violence

Vic rolls for survival (SL 15) to set up the fire. I think the best option is to focus on cave #2, seeing as it has the most trophies on display. Blocking the passage of water and flooding the most caves is a great idea. I am guessing setting everything up will take up most of the nighttime.

These tactics, while not very honorable will serve us well. There is no honor in being dead. Seeing as these monsters are preying on even “higher” beings such as elves, they must be strong, physically or in numbers and we are obliged to clean them from this land, using whatever we can.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 01:38 PM   #129
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
(...)There is no honor in being dead (...) we are obliged to clean them from this land, using whatever we can.
That's Right! I believe an honorable man is one that stays true to himself, to his word, to his roots and to his people.

We are not betraying ourselves, our word, our land, the state, our creed or our team. We are not plotting against our friends or backstabbing our brothers or sisters.

If the enemy can fight, anything goes until their party surrenders.

It would be the greatest disgrace to ourselves if we did not make ready of our strength and our steeds of war to the utmost of our power to strike our enemies down (known and unknown) and bring terror to their hearts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
I would like to remind you that an overnight camping both requires more meals eaten and puts you at increased risk of random encounters.
Understandable, if the party agrees not to rest earlier, Bain will have lunch and then take a nap, said nap lasting from the time the fire starts until the smoke clears just enough to have us the dungeon crawl begin. He will use camouflage (SL 16) to prevent attack surprises against him, taking advantage of his deep-sleeper perk to get back to action when needed.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:50 PM   #130
PumpkinLorica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) "Just how much do you weigh? They're stronger than me, but even an earth servant is only about twice as strong* as a man off the street..." (...)
Whoaaaa! Do you mean this Gathika is just too heavy for the elementals? THAT’S MEAN COMRADE TELRITH! Then I guess I will have to walk behind them (=;^;=)S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
The cave opening designated as "number 2" is surrounded by niches cut into the rock, each of which holds a severed head (...)
Besides the previous spells, Gathika casts detect magic (SL 14) in the area (including the door). She uses recover energy afterwards.

Comrades... maybe we will need check the door for normal traps and open it before we start the fire (MEOW).

This last “MEOW” sounds deliberately kind of retarded.

Baaaain please check the door before you go to sleep.

Then Gathika pokes Vic and says:

Grave diggers deal with coffins too, right? Maybe this door is like a coffin you can open?

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic