Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 02-21-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
Ulairi

Default Any discord server?

Anybody know of a discord server set up?
Ulairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:49 AM   #2
crestedskew

Default Re: Any discord server?

No, and to what end?

Most people who want to chat about the game go to the fb page.
crestedskew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:11 AM   #3
Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestedskew View Post
No, and to what end?

Most people who want to chat about the game go to the fb page.
I don’t have a FB account and a lot of folks enjoy the real time irc kkke features from discord. I know the GURPS server is well populated. And there are popular servers for other CCGs too.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:18 AM   #4
crestedskew

Please excuse my ignorance, I tend to equate all VOIP services with team-based gaming. If you find one let us know. I'd be willing to check it out. Also, the fb group is pretty solid. You don't need to post to your main account or anything (you can even turn on all the privacy settings to make you unsearchable and unable to be added as a friend - if that's your feelings on being social), just join the rest of the Munchkin CCG fans, it's private so the only people who do see any of your posts in there are other fans.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:21 AM   #5
Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestedskew View Post
Please excuse my ignorance, I tend to equate all VOIP services with team-based gaming. If you find one let us know. I'd be willing to check it out. Also, the fb group is pretty solid. You don't need to post to your main account or anything (you can even turn on all the privacy settings to make you unsearchable and unable to be added as a friend - if that's your feelings on being social), just join the rest of the Munchkin CCG fans, it's private so the only people who do see any of your posts in there are other fans.
I’d love to join but I don’t have a FaceBook account and don’t plan on getting one. I deleted mine during the election. I can only take so many hot takes!

I started a server:

https://discord.gg/S2h7DzK
Old 02-22-2018, 06:35 AM   #6
crestedskew

I will check out the server later when I get home.

So don't add anyone to a new account, or unfriend everyone (if you only deactivated). No one is talking anything but Munchkin in the group. Actively ignoring the one place that currently has the most activity seems...ill-advised.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #7
HunterS
Marketing Director

I was looking at setting up an official Discord if there was interest. Sounds like there is interest, I'll invest the time today to get that set up.
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:40 AM   #8
HunterS
Marketing Director

And it's set up! I haven't managed a Discord server before so I'll be learning a bit but I've used it pretty extensively so we'll set up some rooms and stuff once we get rolling.

Here's the link: https://discord.gg/ux3Mf4E
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote