Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #11
RevBob

Default Re: Munchkin in Spanish: how good is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
There is one, but you'll have to order it from the French distributor, whose name currently escapes me.
Millennium, according to the Munchkin Resources page. :)

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:10 AM   #12
Mercator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrasz View Post
Yeah I know, I'm just saying that my experience with non-English Munchkin has been generally positive and that the jokes can be funny in other languages.
That's what I meant with "encouraging": that it is in fact possible to translate Munchkin and keep it funny. Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
The Munchkin Spanish games are based on the first printings of each game, so if those printings aren't very clear, the spanish one wouldn't either.
Do you mean that the rules are not 100% clear? No problem, the main objective is to make them read/speak Spanish as much as possible, so if there is a rules question, loudly arguing over it (and boy, does this group love loud arguments) is actually part of the class ;-)

Quote:
The jokes are different, and maybe you didn't get it if you don't live here, but I find it very funny.
Good to know. I'm actually from Bilbao, so no problems with getting them, but do you think the jokes would be too local for non-Spaniards?

Quote:
Games avaliable: Munchkin 1~7, Star Munchkin 1&2, Super Munchkin, Munchkin Cthuluh
Cool. I'd start with Munchkin and maybe Star or Super Munchkin. ˇGracias Koto!

Great feedback so far, guys. Keep it coming!

M.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:56 AM   #13
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Do you mean that the rules are not 100% clear? No problem, the main objective is to make them read/speak Spanish as much as possible, so if there is a rules question, loudly arguing over it (and boy, does this group love loud arguments) is actually part of the class ;-)
I mean... Those questions which appears when you play more and more and you try to be a Munchkin, for own interpretation of each card tipical in any Munchkin game... The traduction is good, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Good to know. I'm actually from Bilbao, so no problems with getting them, but do you think the jokes would be too local for non-Spaniards?
Not all the jokes, but maybe some of them...

A Monster from Munchkin Classic, I don't remember who exactly, got in his text the lyrics of "Bailaré sobre tu tumba"

In Munchkin Cthulhu, all the Song of Madness cards are based in Spanish Music. The best is the Cthulhu version "Chiqui Chiqui" of Chiquilicuatre (Do you remember Eurovision? xD).

De nada :P

See ya
Old 07-03-2010, 05:22 AM   #14
Mercator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
I mean... Those questions which appears when you play more and more and you try to be a Munchkin
Oh, no problem then. As long as it keeps them talking...

Quote:
A Monster from Munchkin Classic, I don't remember who exactly, got in his text the lyrics of "Bailaré sobre tu tumba"
That is awesome.

Quote:
In Munchkin Cthulhu, all the Song of Madness cards are based in Spanish Music. The best is the Cthulhu version "Chiqui Chiqui" of Chiquilicuatre
-sigh- even Munchkin got affected by that? Oh, well. At least they are going to get the joke; the song was quite well-known here --the way a plague of locusts is well-known: you cannot avoid it no matter how you try-- at the time...

Anyway, this looks good. I'll talk with the managers before the start of the Autumn classes and we'll see what happens. Thanks to all who posted!

M.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:21 AM   #15
robinreeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
There is one, but you'll have to order it from the French distributor, whose name currently escapes me.
It is Edge entertainment.
Site here : http://www.edgeent.com/v2_fr/index.asp

The French place where I order is Philibert, at Strasburg : http://www.philibertnet.com/

Tags
languages, munchkin, spanish, teaching, translation