Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #501
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

BLACK QUEEN

Identity: Publicly known; however, the general populace is unaware of Selene's criminal activities or her status as a mutant.
Legal Status: Citizen of Italy with no known criminal record.
Other Aliases: Black Priestess.
Place of Birth: Unrevealed, but presumably somewhere in Italy.
Marital Status: Widowed (possibly several times over).
Known Relatives: Husband (name unrevealed, deceased).
Group Affiliation: Hellfire Club Inner Circle.
Base of Operations: New York City.
History: The full origins of Selene, Black Queen of the Hellfire Club, are currently unknown. Indeed, due to her psychic vampirism powers even her exact age is unknown; she appears to be a woman in her late 20s, but she has hinted that she is several hundred years old.

How long she has been a member of the Hellfire Club is uncertain, but she has only recently ascended to the rank of Black Queen (see Hellfire Club). Since then, she has come into conflict with both the X-Men and agents of SHIELD's Sentinel program (see Sentinels; SHIELD; X-Men).
Height: 5' 10".
Weight: 130 lbs.
Eyes: Red; usually wears brown-tinted contacts.
Hair: Black.
Uniform: None; when performing her duties as the Hellfire Club's Black Queen, Selene usually wears a front-laced black leather bustier, black leather bikini bottoms, upper arm length black leather gloves, knee-high black leather boots with 4-inch heels, and a black ankle-length cape secured by a gold brooch with a large ruby set in the center.
Strength Level: Selene possesses superhuman strength enabling her to lift (press) around 1,500 pounds under optimum conditions.
Known Superhuman Powers: Selene is a mutant with a number of psionic powers. Foremost among these is her ability to psychically drain the life force of a person, perpetuating her youth; due to this, she has been called a 'vampire', although she is not a supernatural creature like a true vampire. If she does not kill a being with her powers, she may choose to turn them into a psychic vampire like herself, albeit under her control. Her psionic powers also include lesser forms of telepathy and telekinesis, although not on the same level as Jean Grey or Emma Frost (see Marvel Girl; White Queen).

Selene is highly resistant to injury. She has been shown to be resistant to knives and small-caliber pistols, as well as able to walk through flames unharmed (although the latter feat may have been assisted by her sorcery).

Selene is also a sorceress of some skill, being reputedly ranked as one of the top twenty magical practitioners on Earth.

1,196 points
Attributes:
ST 10 [0]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 13 [60]; HT 13 [30].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 3d/5d+2; BL 180 lbs; HP 13 [6]; Will 15 [10]; Per 13 [0]; FP 13 [0]; Basic Speed 6.25 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 10.
Languages: English (Native) [6]; Italian (Native) (Native Language) [0]; Latin (Native) [6].
Cultural Familiarities: Western [0].
Advantages: Appearance (Beautiful) [12]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Damage Resistance 3 (Limited: Heat/Fire, -40%; No Signature, +20%; Mutant, -10%) [11]; Danger Sense (ESP, -10%) [14]; Dominance (Link: Powers Must Be Used Together, +10%; Requires IQ Roll, -10%; Psychic Vampirism, -10%) [18]; Energy/3 [60]; Energy Reserve (Magical) 10 [30]; Hard to Kill 3 [6]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Illusion/2 [20]; Independent Income 20 [20]; Inner Balance 2 [30]; Legal Immunity 2 [10]; Lifting ST +20 (Psychokinesis, -10%) [54]; Magery 4 [45]; Matter/3 [60]; Mind Shield 10 (Profiling, +10%; Telepathy, -10%) [40]; Photographic Memory [10]; PK Shield 10 [40]; Psi Sense [13]; Psychic Vampirism Talent 4 [20]; Smooth Operator 2 [30]; Social Chameleon [5]; Spirit/2 [40]; Status 4 [10*]; Steal Life 3 (Link: Powers Can Be Used Separately, +20%) [50]; Striking ST +20 (Mutant, -10%) [90]; Telereceive (Shallow) [27]; TK Grab (Short Range) 10 [40]; Unaging (Psychic Vampirism, -10%) [14]; Unfazeable [15]; Very Fit [15]; Voice [10]; Wealth (Multimillionaire 1) [75].
Perks: Alcohol Tolerance [1]; Cloaked [1]; Courtesy Title 1 [1]; Fearsome Stare [1]; Haughty Sneer [1]; High-Heeled Heroine [1]; I Know What You Mean [1]; Magical School Familiarity (Roman Bacchanal Mystery Cult) [1]; No Hangover [1]; Pleasant Theft [1]; Sexy Pose [1]; Tactical Reading [1].
Disadvantages: Callous [-5]; Dependency (Life Force) (Aging, +30%; Frequency: Weekly; Illegal) [-26]; Enemy (Emma Frost/White Queen; Equal in Power; Rival) (9) [-5]; Jealousy [-10]; Light Sleeper [-5]; Megalomania [-10]; Paranoia [-10]; Sadism (12) [-15]; Secret (Subversive; Imprisonment) [-20].
Quirks: Careful [-1]; Closet Soccer Fan [-1]; Distinctive Feature (Red Eyes) [-1]; Immodest [-1]; Vain [-1].
Skills: Acting (A) IQ+3 [4] – 16†; Autohypnosis (H) Will+1 [2] – 16‡; Brawling (E) DX+1 [2] – 13; Breath Control (H) HT+1 [2] – 14‡; Carousing (E) HT+3 [2] – 16‡; Connoisseur (Literature) (A) IQ+0 [2] – 13; Connoisseur (Visual Arts) (A) IQ+0 [2] – 13; Connoisseur (Wine) IQ+0 [2] – 13; Current Affairs/TL8 (Sports) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 14; Dancing (A) DX+0 [2] – 12; Detect Lies (H) Per+2 [4] – 15†; Economics (H) IQ-1 [2] – 12; Erotic Art (Human) (A) DX+1 [4] – 13; Fast-Talk (A) IQ+4 [2] – 17‡#; Games (Soccer) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 14; History (Renaissance Italy) (H) IQ-1 [2] – 12; History (Roman) (H) IQ-1 [2] – 12; Hypnotism (Human) (H) IQ+1 [8] – 14; Intelligence Analysis (H) IQ+0 [4] – 13; Leadership (A) IQ+2 [2] – 15†; Lip Reading (A) Per+1 [4] – 14; Literature (H) IQ+0 [4] – 13; Meditation (H) Will+1 [2] – 16‡; Mental Strength (E) Will+3 [2] – 18‡; Observation (A) Per+0 [2] – 13; Politics (A) IQ+2 [2] – 17†#; Propaganda/TL8 (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Public Speaking (A) IQ+3 [1] – 16†#; Savoir-Faire (High Society) (E) IQ+4 [4] – 17†; Savoir-Faire (Mafia) (E) IQ+3 [2] – 16†; Sex Appeal (Human) (A) HT+8 [2] – 21†#§; Thaumatology (VH) IQ+5 [12] – 18¥; Whip (A) DX+1 [4] – 13.
Magical Realm Skills: Energy (VH) IQ+4 [8] – 17¥; Illusion (VH) IQ+4 [8] – 17¥; Matter (VH) IQ+4 [8] – 17¥; Spirit (VH) IQ+4 [8] – 17¥.
Psionic Power Skills: Create Psychic Vampire (H) IQ+3 [2] – 16∫; PK Shield (H) IQ+1 [8] – 14; Psi Sense (H) Per-1 [2] – 12; Steal Life (H) Will+7 [8] – 20∫; Telereceive (H) IQ+1 [8] – 14; TK Grab (H) IQ+0 [4] – 13.
Starting Spending Money: $4,000,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +2 from Wealth.
† Includes +2 from Smooth Operator.
‡ Includes +2 from Inner Balance.
# Includes +2 from Voice.
§ Includes +4 from Appearance.
∫ Includes +4 from Magery.
¥ Includes +4 from Psychic Vampirism Talent.

This is the first character I've made using abilities from Psionic Powers. I'd love to have some feedback on her abilities, just to make sure I'm not doing it wrong.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 12-31-2016 at 01:14 PM. Reason: added No Signature to DR
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #502
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

BLOB

Identity: Publicly known.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with a criminal record.
Other Aliases: Inigo the Immovable.
Place of Birth: Unrevealed.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: Parents, siblings (names unrevealed).
Group Affiliation: Brotherhood of Mutants, frequent partner of Unus the Untouchable, former member of the Circus of Crime.
Base of Operations: Mobile.
History: Fred Dukes had been born into the circus lifestyle. His parents had been trapeze performers, and had expected him to follow in their footsteps. Fate, and genetics, had other ideas.

Even in early adolescence, Fred’s great bulk had been apparent. At first, doctors attributed his bulk to a glandular condition, but later tests revealed that Fred was a mutant. While he longed to fly without a care over the heads of the audience like his parents and siblings, he found himself grounded. In his early teens, he discovered that, as long as he stood still, even a team of elephants could not move him so long as he willed it. Soon he was being billed as "Inigo The Immovable", faking a Spanish accent as part of the act.

Hard times struck the circus, and Inigo the Immovable found himself out of work. He soon found employment, such as it was, in another circus, one formed with the intention of robbing its audience: the Circus of Crime (see Circus of Crime). Now simply calling himself the Blob, he ultimately found himself in combat against Spider-Man and the X-Men, who had been in one of the audiences when the circus performed in New York City’s Central Park (see Spider-Man; X-Men).

The Blob soon quit the Circus of Crime, believing that they were thinking too small in their scheme, and struck up a friendship with Unus the Untouchable, another mutant criminal with a grudge against the X-Men (see Unus the Untouchable). The two briefly impersonated the X-Men, wearing uniforms similar those those of the Beast and Cyclops (see Beast; Cyclops), before being defeated and sent to prison. It was not long before the two broke out of prison to join up with Magneto and his Brotherhood of Mutants (see Brotherhood of Mutants; Magneto). Where and when the Blob will next strike remains to be seen.
Height: 5' 10".
Weight: 510 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Brown.
Uniform: Black shirt, black shorts, black arm-bands, black boots, all with yellow trim.
Strength Level: The Blob possesses superhuman strength enabling him to lift (press) around 10 tons.
Known Superhuman Powers: In addition to his tremendous strength, most of the Blob's powers are related to his incredible bulk. His skin is incredibly thick, giving him a measure of resistance to physical attacks. The many rolls of fat are thick enough to absorb the energy of rifle rounds, cannon balls, and even man-portable rocket shells without injury. His face is not as protected as the rest of him (mainly due to the lack of protective fat tissue in that area). The Blob's skin is highly resistant to being punctured, lacerated, frostbitten, or ravaged by any skin disease; it is somewhat less resistant to burning.

In addition to this, the Blob possesses the ability to increase the gravitational attraction between him and the earth beneath him (up to about 10 feet), effectively rendering him effectively immovable.
Other Abilities: The Blob is more agile than his great bulk implies. He has had training in the Japanese art of sumo, although he has never competed professionally.

2,651 points
Attributes:
ST 26/116 (Size, -10%) [54*]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 10 [0]; HT 13 [30].
Secondary Characteristics: SM +1; Dmg 2d+2/5d (12d/14d); BL 135 lbs (2,691 lbs); HP 26 [0]; Will 12 [10]; Per 12 [10]; FP 13 [0]; Basic Speed 6.25 [0]; Basic Move 5 [-5]; Dodge 9.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Western [0].
Advantages: Ambidexterity [5]; Claim to Hospitality (Circus Performers) [2]; Damage Resistance 125 (Hardened 4, +80%; No Signature, +20%; Tough Skin -40%; Mutant Biology, +0%) [1,000]; Extra ST 214 (Accessibility: Applies Only to Knockback, -40%; Size, -10%; Mutant, -10%) [856]; Hard to Kill 3 [6]; Hard to Subdue 3 [6]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Immunity to Skin Diseases [5]; Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction /4) (Mutant Biology, +0%) [100]; Radiation Tolerance (PF 100) (Mutant Biology, +0%) [30]; Single-Minded [5]; Super ST +10/+100 (Size, -10%; Mutant, -10%) [380]; Temperature Tolerance 5 [5]; Trained By A Master [30].
Perks: Accent (Spain) [1]; Cotton Stomach [1]; Focused Fury [1]; Power Grappling [1]; Style Familiarity (Sumo) [1]; Sure-Footed (Ice) [1]; Sure-Footed (Sand) [1]; Sure-Footed (Slippery) [1]; Sure-Footed (Uneven) [1].
Disadvantages: Bad Temper (9) [-15]; Bully (12) [-10]; Code of Honor (Pirate's) [-5]; Gluttony (12) [-5]; Ham-Fisted -1 [-5]; Lecherousness (15) [-7]; Pacifism (Reluctant Killer) [-5]; Sense of Duty (Unus the Untouchable) [-2]; Social Stigma (Criminal Record) [-5]; Status -1 [-5]; Very Fat [-5]; Wealth (Poor) [-15].
Quirks: Broad-Minded [-1]; Enamored (Scarlet Witch) [-1]; Expression ("No force on Earth can move the Blob!") [-1]; Showoff [-1].
Skills: Acting (A) IQ+2 [6] – 12†; Animal Handling (Elephants) (A) IQ+2 [8] – 12; Brawling (E) DX+2 [4] – 14; Breaking Blow (H) IQ+2 [12] – 12; Computer Operation/TL8 (E) IQ+0 [1] – 10; Current Affairs/TL8 (Travel) (E) IQ+2 [4] – 12; Detect Lies (H) Per+0 [4] – 12; First Aid/TL8 (Human) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 11; Forced Entry (E) DX+0 [1] – 12; Gambling (A) IQ+0 [2] – 10; Immovable Stance (H) DX+4 [20] – 16; Intimidation (A) Will+0 [2] – 12; Jumping (E) DX+1 [2] – 13; Lifting (A) HT+1 [4] – 14; Packing (A) IQ+2 [8] – 12; Performance (A) IQ+2 [8] – 12; Power Blow (H) Will+0 [4] – 12; Savoir-Faire (Circus) (E) IQ+2 [4] – 12; Smuggling (A) IQ+0 [2] – 10; Stage Combat (A) DX+0 [2] – 12; Streetwise (A) IQ+2 [8] – 12; Sumo Wrestling (A) DX+2 [8] – 14; Throwing (A) DX+2 [8] – 14; Veterinary/TL8 (H) IQ-1 [2] – 9; Wrestling (A) DX+2 [8] – 14.
Techniques: Choke Hold (Wrestling) (H) def+3 [4] – 14; Drop Kick (Sumo Wrestling) (H) def+1 [2] – 14; Elbow Strike (Brawling) (A) def+2 [2] – 14; Head Butt (Brawling) (H) def+1 [2] – 14; Head Lock (Wrestling) (H) def+3 [4] – 14; Low-Line Defense (Sumo Wrestling) (H) def+2 [3] – 10.
Starting Spending Money: $800 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +10/+100 from Super ST
† Defaulted from Performance.

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.

Last edited by Phantasm; 12-31-2016 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Added No Signature to DR
Old 11-16-2011, 04:20 AM   #503
smurf
Banned

Is there a place to download these as GCA files?

It's a nice idea but after umpteen pages and with so much work, it would be nice use via GCA 'free download'. Or do we run into Marvel Copyrights?
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:23 AM   #504
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf View Post

It's a nice idea but after umpteen pages and with so much work, it would be nice use via GCA 'free download'. Or do we run into Marvel Copyrights?
Not as GCA files, but the Master Document is linked in my .sig. (Granted, I've yet to update it with the Blob...) I hadn't thought of uploading the GCA files, to be honest, considering I only really use it to check my math.

Give me a few hours to dig up what I have (I'm not at the home computer right now); many of the older characters in this thread never had permanent files to begin with.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #505
Rurouni_Bill

Thanks very much for doing all of these. I am finding them tremendously helpful from a 'just learning the game' angle and how you can translate powers into stats.

One question... am I misreading things or do you have Rhino being stronger than the Hulk? Just curious if I am missing something somewhere.
Rurouni_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #506
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni_Bill View Post
Thanks very much for doing all of these. I am finding them tremendously helpful from a 'just learning the game' angle and how you can translate powers into stats.

One question... am I misreading things or do you have Rhino being stronger than the Hulk? Just curious if I am missing something somewhere.
The Hulk is a messy build, no doubt about it. I don't think I'll ever be truly satisfied with him.

Dammit, now I have to double-check the entries in question. ;)

Okay, Hulk is at ST 304 w/ Super ST +9/+70, for a total of ST 374 when enraged. Rhino, is at ST 316, without Super ST modifying it further. Adding 304 + 9 gives ST 313. So yes, the Rhino is stronger than a "calm" Hulk, but how often does Hulk stay calm?

Also note that both of these are subject to change now that I fully grok Super ST.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #507
Phantasm

Quote:

Okay, I've tossed my "GURPS Marvel Universe 4e.gdf" data file and all the .gca files I could find to http://dagwood.sandwich.net/docs/marvel/. No guarantees as to how these files match up to the entries in the 6MB master document (recently updated with the Black Queen and Blob).

Old 11-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #508
Rurouni_Bill

Ah, cool, thanks. I didn't catch the super-strength, and I'm still a bit fuzzy on what that does.

I have to constantly remind myself that point value and power aren't as connected as they seem to be. Too much time with other game systems I guess. Your Rhino is over 3000 points and your Magneto is about a third of that, and yet I know who I'd bet on in a fight between them. :)
Rurouni_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #509
smurf
Banned

I like them as ideas. IMO the comic book does not directly translate well into game stuff. So getting like x would do.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #510
Phantasm

Quote:
I like them as ideas. IMO the comic book does not directly translate well into game stuff. So getting like x would do.
This is true, and a lot of times you have to consider the "How accurate is the Official Handbook I'm taking a lot of my own info from?" argument as well. There have been numerous times where the Handbook didn't coincide with a single instance (usually someone's first appearance, before the writers hammered out the character), and people use that instance to say the Handbook is wrong.

Personally, I'm trying to keep a flavor and general powerset, while altering the history to fit my own 'reboot' setting. I've taken liberties at times - see the Scarlet Witch entry for the most extreme example so far.

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men