Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Card Games

Old 02-28-2014, 11:32 PM   #1
Beefcake

Default Cops & Robbers

Hi all,
First of all of all Steve Jackson games I'm a big fan of Munchkin and have always been looking forward to the day when I can finally afford to get munchkin quest.

I'm starting my own games business called devious games and my first game, Cops & Robbers will be coming up on Kickstarter on April the 20th (NZ time).
Its a game for 2-6 players where you are stealing from each other and the bank to try to be the person that stashes the most loot. You need to enhance your car, bribe cops, gain drivers and many other things in order to get away with your caper.
Here's the blurb from the start of my project

Quote:
Have you ever wanted to be a criminal mastermind but can never find the time for it in your busy schedule? Have you ever fantasised about making a daring getaway but just find your cheap bicycle is too rusty and broken to reach that top gear? Well your prayers have been answered. Now you can do all this from the safety and comfort of your favourite sitting place. Time to make that seat groove a little more worn while you sit down with your mates for a great game of "Cops & Robbers"; the safe way to rob a bank.

Cops & Robbers is a card game for 2-6 players, ages 8+. The objective of the game is to be the Robber with the most cash at the end of the game. You will need to be the Robber that uses his cards most wisely to steal loot from wherever you can, including your fellow criminals. You'll need to create the fastest getaway car with the best driver if you want to evade the cops and you'll need to play dirty tricks on your opponents to send them to the slammer. The game is quick to pick up, hard to put down, and each game brings something new. With only five cards in your hand will you decide to hold onto the cards that send others to jail or that help you getaway? Will you create the best getaway car only to have it stolen from under your nose? Will you steal from other peoples stash only to be caught by a nasty surprise? Form alliances with other robbers, then break it to steal their hard earned cash. It's all up to you. Some strategy that worked in one game may not work in the next.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you want to have a. Better look at things I have a facebook page with some images shown at www.facebook.com/copsandrobbersgame
Thanks

Kieran
Beefcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:29 AM   #2
PK

Default Re: Cops & Robbers

Good luck with your Kickstarter. If possible, I recommend putting up a draft version of the rules so that people can read it, judge it, and even help you spot minor issues with it. Free playtesting can be useful, if a bit overwhelming at times. :)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:37 PM   #3
Beefcake

Thanks PK,
I should have linked the rules into here.
Here they are on Scribd. Feel free to download and peruse:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/207201407/...-Robbers-Rules
Old 03-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
Beefcake

Devious Games Ltd is running a Cops and Robbers Competition from March 29th 2014 through to May the 17th 2014.

The competition is simple, all you need to do is like the facebook page . Yes that is all you need to do. For every 100 likes the page gets (up to a maximum of 1000 likes) Devious games will give away, free of charge, postage and packaging included, one copy of Cops and Robbers. If you have already liked the facebook page, Awesome!!! You've already got your entry to the competition. Spread this around as much as you can so we have more cops and robbers games to give away.

Winner's will be announced after the Kickstarter has completed on May the 18th 2014.

Winners will be drawn at random from those people that have liked the facebook page.

Conditions:The Kickstarter beginning on April the 20th 2014 finishing on May the 18th 2014 must raise at least the $4,000 initial funding goal.

The winner is responsible for providing their shipping details to devious games ltd.

The winner will be responsible for any import taxes to their respective country.

Winners chosen are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding this.

1 winner will be chosen for every full 100 likes on facebook e.g. 100-199 likes = 1 winner, 200-299 likes = 2 winners up to a maximum of 1000 likes in which case there will be a maximum of 10 winners.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
Beefcake

Just in case anyone is interested. The kickstarter starts in 2 days time.

Search: Cops & Robbers

Old 04-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #6
Beefcake

Now live!

Here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...he-card-game-0