Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 05-05-2015, 01:45 AM   #1
lopez

Default in play/on the table

can a wandering monster, out to lunch,help me out here and + cards be on the table in front of me? As a part of my play or can i only have it on my hand?
lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:40 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: in play/on the table

The only cards you can normally have in play are any number of small Items, one Big Item, one Race, and one Class. You can also have in play any number of Treasure cards that provide a persistent bonus (e.g., Really Impressive Title). A Curse that has a persistent effect (e.g., Curse! Chicken On Your Head) will remain on the table in front of you, but that's not so much "in play" as just there as a reminder; you can't discard it to power a special ability or "pay" for a Curse effect. There are some exceptions to what I said above (e.g, Half-Breed will allow you to have a second Race in play), but those will be noted by card text.

All of the cards you mentioned (Wandering Monster, Monster Enhancers, Out To Lunch, and Help Me Out Here) can not be in play, and are discarded once their effects are resolved.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote