Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-30-2017, 09:46 AM   #101
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Michael)

The closer he gets to the battle, the more chaos there is. The men are spaced out, loading weapons. Giant Gouts of flame appear over the cave, though only one at a time. Each flame triggers his sense. Some of the men are burned.

The monster is on the far side of a tunnel. men rush to the tunnel, fire off their weapons, then rush back to load. The captain stands near the point they're rushing past. He is surrounded by something that Michael can sense. A corresponding rush of energy comes from where he thinks the monster is.

If he wants to actually see the creature, he'll have to go to the gap everyone is rushing to.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:27 PM   #102
Friendpmcii

'Entresting, light magic works like fire magic.' Michael turns around where he expects the translator to be "Ok, I've seen, ...enough?" He had thought the translator would be right behind him but is suprised by how much and walks over to him. "We need to get those runes translated."

OOC: is the room with runes the same as the monster or before the monster?
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:09 AM   #103
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Map. Blue dots are people.

Traub is indeed far behind him. He calls to Traub, and the man moves forward with the gun. Then a flash of fire engulfs Traub. The man howls and shies back from the flames. falling to his feet. His left side is singed and charred, but his clothes aren't burning. He is in extreme pain.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-01-2017, 10:22 PM   #104
Friendpmcii

Michael goes to Traub, 'Can pain be an illusion? Maybe I can dispell it.' Michael comes to him and after a few moments of thought replys, "It is fake, let me touch it, I can heal it."

Michael wasn't sure if he really could heal it but he did know that if the pain was an allusion then it may be like real pain (Psychology) which is all in the mind. If Michael could convince Traub that he could cure the issue then it could work as a placebo affect, not 'normaly' as affective as medicine but it still work's on occasion and 'might' work even better if elusion magic was anything like in games, IF this was elusion magic and all in the mind (which was Michael's hope).

OOC: Thanks, that picture helps a lot. These rolls assume that the damage is all in the mind. Else it's not likely to have affect beyond the acting result, if it can work at all.
Will need an acting/fast talk roll to convince Traub. (Modified by bonus/penalty for Traub's current perseption of me.)
A Psychology roll modified by said acting if skill roll passed. Possable will bonus to Traub with a reroll.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:41 AM   #105
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Traub doesn't really respond to Michael's comments until he touches it. When Michael touches the burn, Traub yells in pain and tries to get away. The sense doesn't flow through Michael's hands.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #106
Friendpmcii

Michael cringed as he just how bad the burn must hurt, "Sorry", 'thats still odd'. Michael points away from combat, "Let's go this way, there seems to be an influx coming from over hear after combat started. What do you remember from the rune room before combat started?" Michael starts by checking the end of the hall, 'Halls are made to somewhere, I wonder.' and slowly makes his way back as he listens to the what is being told to him.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:52 AM   #107
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"The chamber with the script? I ken it. But I not be recalling the message now. Oww! You be strange fellow."

The end of the hall is painted in illusion, just like the rest of it. Michael feels it, and its firm, smooth stone, with a hint of lichen on it. This part of the wall just depicts a smooth color change from illustrations of cities and cannon to the weird landscape on the other side.

The battle rages on. A flash of fire and the weird sense surrounds Michael. And then passes. He is unharmed. And Truab is not any more harmed than the first time.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:13 PM   #108
Friendpmcii

Michael looks at the interpretor shortly after being called strange, "Thank you. Now help me clear all this stuff off of the wall." Michael starts clearing lichen. "That things timing is to perfect, it's got to be fake. I think it's to distract people, though it being able to affect you and not me is a bit odd... Maybe because you where holding the weapon?"

With the lichen gone Michael starts to try to press each stone in if he hasn't already found a latch. "We are looking for a hidden entryway or trigger... Though my gut sais it may be a trap. If you can remember anything about the script let me know... It may mean our lives."
Old 12-18-2017, 09:24 AM   #109
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Ye art not a litwerker? Ye protected me from the sarmag litwerk. Oh, why I be trying? Ye be mad. A Mad Litwerker with a rotten head. Ye laid about for a great while, and the beast returned to his lair. Twas planned well. <explicative>"

Traub does some rubbing of the lichen, but he moves slowly, favoring his injury.

Old 12-23-2017, 05:26 AM   #110
Friendpmcii

Michael couldn't figure out what was being said beyond Traub calling him lazy for not doing this sooner.

"Yea, I was destracted by the portals and the fact that I needed that writing translated. If we go any farther without it we may be placing our lives in grave danger."

Michael keeps clearing away moss quickly hoping that IF those portals where not not the key then the key would be hear. 'I hope it's not just the door.'

"By the way you never did tell me why the thought there was a trap.?"

Tags
lost in dreams