Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 11-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
Attercap

Default Modern Technology

Lately I've been thinking about how technology, especially the ubiquity of cell phones and social media, has changed since the release of In Nomine in 1997 and how the celestial realms might have dealt with those changes (including some tweaks to and new attunements for Jean and Vapula). My write-up, here: https://www.attercap.net/post/in-nom...ern-technology
Old 11-27-2018, 01:58 PM   #2
cptbutton

Default Re: Modern Technology

I like it.

I wonder if scanning someone's social media accounts lets you resonate things like their honor, destiny, fate, needs, etc.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:34 PM   #3
cptbutton

Would it be OK to link this in the Facebook group?
Old 11-27-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
Attercap

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptbutton View Post
Would it be OK to link this in the Facebook group?
Absolutely! I wasn't aware of that group... joining now!

And I don't know if a resonance could be used on a social media profile--unless the resonance could also be applied to a photo. Or for a Seraph if their resonance could be used on print. I'd probably make that a distinction-level "upgrade."
Old 11-29-2018, 07:12 AM   #5
William

Any given instance of a social media profile is a static report gathered from information input mostly by the user and possibly by other systems the app uses. It is a collection of statements just like any other document. It is not live, unless something like the user's current location updates with great regularity. Perceptive angelic resonances can be used on recorded media to obtain information that was accurate at the time of recording; a document with portions recorded at different times will return information accurate as of the various times statements were made.

One might be able to make a bit of a mystery for a Seraph out of conflicting statements recorded at different times which both remain in the profile.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:33 AM   #6
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Any given instance of a social media profile is a static report gathered from information input mostly by the user and possibly by other systems the app uses. It is a collection of statements just like any other document. It is not live, unless something like the user's current location updates with great regularity. Perceptive angelic resonances can be used on recorded media to obtain information that was accurate at the time of recording; a document with portions recorded at different times will return information accurate as of the various times statements were made.

One might be able to make a bit of a mystery for a Seraph out of conflicting statements recorded at different times which both remain in the profile.
And of course, Yves' Library could have every last version of someone's social media profile, organized by date, time, and location. "All right, that's John Anderson's Facebook information and posting status as of 3:57 p.m. January 6, 2013 ..."

More than ever, it becomes important to know exactly what you're looking for.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote