Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
Varyon

Default Re: [Basic] HP Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoc527 View Post
Anyone have any suggestions for penalties to the HT rolls for crippling injuries that are somewhere between "crippling" and "automatic permanent?" Maybe at 1.5x crippling threshold, the HT roll is at -5?
Actually, to be more in line with other GURPS rules (like the whole decapitation thing), it's probably appropriate to get rid of automatic crippling altogether, using an HT roll once you hit a crippling threshold and penalizing it at various points. For example, limbs are crippled at, what, 1/2x HP? It might be more appropriate to risk crippling at this point, with an unmodified HT roll to determine this (success is no crippling, failure is temporary, failure by 5+ is lasting, failure by 10+ is permanent). After this point, you could start assessing penalties: -5 at 1.5x threshold, -10 at 2x, and so forth.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #12
jacobmuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Temporary crippling might be nothing but a severe funny-bone bump or impact-induced numbness.
Funny you should mention it but the impact on my left elbow matches up: banged it, couldn't move the arm, ice-lolly application worked a treat:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoc527 View Post
Anyone have any suggestions for penalties to the HT rolls for crippling injuries that are somewhere between "crippling" and "automatic permanent?" Maybe at 1.5x crippling threshold, the HT roll is at -5?
How about the Bleeding penalty, ie -1 to HT per 5HP Injury, and using it for the Crippling check?
jacobmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #13
apoc527

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobmuller View Post

How about the Bleeding penalty, ie -1 to HT per 5HP Injury, and using it for the Crippling check?

That is my inclination, as well. THe only issue with that is that the penalties will never get much beyond -2 as you are otherwise into dismemberment/destruction territory. GURPS certainly makes use of the flat -5 and -10 modifiers to HT checks already--witness the Stun/Knockdown check modifiers for Vitals and Skull hits respectively.

Currently Playing: GURPS Banestorm: The Symmetry of Darkness

Inactive:
Star*Drive: 2525-Hunting for Fun and Profit
My THS Campaign-In the Shadows of Venus
Yrth--The Legend Begins
The XCOM Apocalypse
apoc527 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basic, first aid, hit points, injury